ADVERTISEMENT

Jim Harbaugh's #1 job is recruiting..

Dec 21, 2009
We have to get MUCH better @ QB & OL. We have to continue the improvement on the DL/LBs/DBs.. We need to be able to get to a point where we're a program that reloads yearly.

We have to get MUCH better @ QB & OL. We have to continue the improvement on the DL/LBs/DBs.. We need to be able to get to a point where we're a program that reloads yearly.
Says 115 other D1 programs!!! I haven’t posted in quite sometime but this is why. Everybody is such a pussy about JH that it’s ridiculous! I don’t know him personally but I can tell you he wouldn’t talk to your employers and tell them how awesome you are at your job even if you failed at all critical aspects! Statistically JH has been Brady Hoke 2.0

I dont get this, we have young kids that are showing up.. If we just had an average qb from the Bo or Carr era during Harbaugh's run we would have one hell of a record right now. UM is on its way back, this was a rebuilding year like it or not. We are still a year or 2 away from having quality depth that will allow us to compete for titles. Peters, McCaffrey and now with Milton coming in at qb, I think we are on our way back big time. We need to have something happen with officials though because if it dont we will never win anything. Officiating has been bias since Harbaugh's arrival, FLAT OUT SICKENING to watch

Well, we know we have to get better @ QB and while I like what I've seen to far from Peters it's not just enough to be better than O'Korn or Speight. He's gotta be good enough to beat PSU, Wisky, ND, and OSU. I don't think we know that yet. OL clearly has to get much better as well. They've improved run blocking but still gotta a way to go in pass pro. Gotta add more quality talent on the DL & the secondary especially at safety. Gotta add more speed at LB, etc

I am excited about the youngsters on the roster but outside of the ones producing now a lot of it is unproven.

Reactions: 4IAFootball
Well, we know we have to get better @ QB and while I like what I've seen to far from Peters it's not just enough to be better than O'Korn or Speight. He's gotta be good enough to beat PSU, Wisky, ND, and OSU. I don't think we know that yet. OL clearly has to get much better as well. They've improved run blocking but still gotta a way to go in pass pro. Gotta add more quality talent on the DL & the secondary especially at safety. Gotta add more speed at LB, etc

I am excited about the youngsters on the roster but outside of the ones producing now a lot of it is unproven.
So besides the O line, D line, secondary, LB’s and qb were ok? Just trying to figure out what we need for recruiting going forward

I dont get this, we have young kids that are showing up.. If we just had an average qb from the Bo or Carr era during Harbaugh's run we would have one hell of a record right now. UM is on its way back, this was a rebuilding year like it or not. We are still a year or 2 away from having quality depth that will allow us to compete for titles. Peters, McCaffrey and now with Milton coming in at qb, I think we are on our way back big time. We need to have something happen with officials though because if it dont we will never win anything. Officiating has been bias since Harbaugh's arrival, FLAT OUT SICKENING to watch
And now we’re going to say “we are still a year or 2 away”? You’re saying that this pos o line will be b1g caliber in 1-2 years? How can you make that claim? Are you just another wishful thinker? The offensive game plan is to play 3 yards and a cloud of dust but they’re all soft! Take the friggen goggles off dude

Reactions: javier1960
And now we’re going to say “we are still a year or 2 away”? You’re saying that this pos o line will be b1g caliber in 1-2 years? How can you make that claim? Are you just another wishful thinker? The offensive game plan is to play 3 yards and a cloud of dust but they’re all soft! Take the friggen goggles off dude

with an average qb we go 11-1 10-2 this year, guys are open we are missing them and dropping them

with an average qb we go 11-1 10-2 this year, guys are open we are missing them and dropping them

Worse than that, Michigan's OL is actually likely to get WORSE in 2018...not better.

With Cole moving to the NFL and Newsome being unlikely to return to football, who the hell is going to play OT?

And there is no guarantee that Ruiz (rFR) is immediately even going be able to replace Kugler (rSR), let alone be an actually good center

That OL could be a disster in true 2018, no matter how good (or more likely how bad) the QB play is

It's hard for me to see Michigan having much success against good opponents in 2018 (for now)...and that list includes half of Michigan's 2018 schedule
  1. @Ohio State
  2. @Notre Dame
  3. @Michigan State
  4. Penn State
  5. Wisconsin

Reactions: ChiDoc
The OL will lose their two best players. I do not see an upgrade on the roster for either player. Could there be a grad transfer I have not heard any rumblings. I think Oweneau is overweight for his height and not able to play a whole game at a top level required to play line at Michigan. The QB whisper has had O'Korn for three years and Spight for three years and they did not appear to get better in three years, either of them. Peters had been on the team two years and he was spoon fed a watered down offense and was average at best. I have not heard how Mccaffrey was with the scout team, but JH chose to take O'Korn on a transfer so I see him after three years as his guy. The RB position has not shown growth either. Their pass blocking is not good and their running is not setting the world on fire when Michigan plays quality teams. Maybe it is a victim of nepotism.

Why isn’t the offensive side the strength of our team ? JH is an ex QB, not a defensive player. Why can’t we recruit better on this side of the ball? If he was a top 5 coach in kids eyes across the nation, we would have a better offense

Worse than that, Michigan's OL is actually likely to get WORSE in 2018...not better.

With Cole moving to the NFL and Newsome being unlikely to return to football, who the hell is going to play OT?

And there is no guarantee that Ruiz (rFR) is immediately even going be able to replace Kugler (rSR), let alone be an actually good center

That OL could be a disster in true 2018, no matter how good (or more likely how bad) the QB play is

It's hard for me to see Michigan having much success against good opponents in 2018 (for now)...and that list includes half of Michigan's 2018 schedule
  1. @Ohio State
  2. @Notre Dame
  3. @Michigan State
  4. Penn State
  5. Wisconsin

20018 will be Harbaugh's 4th year, certainly, this will be a reason for the faithful to be hopeful.

He’s recruited fine. Player development? Not so much.

UM is on its way back, this was a rebuilding year like it or not. We are still a year or 2 away from having quality depth that will allow us to compete for titles.

Are you joking? Have you even looked at the 2018 recruiting classes for the Buckeyes vs the Wolverines? Meyer currently has 11 recruits ranked in the composite ranking top 100 (with 7 in the top 40). Harbaugh has ZERO ranked in the top 100!!!! Not a single top 100 composite recruit for 2018. You think that's on the way back?

In defense of JH, he has been handicapped with some situations beyond his control. For example he brought Ruddock into a solid QB but Wilton (with an injury) and OKrap failed in the Big Game. Blocking is getting better, in my opinion, but UM's playing with only 10 men on offense (Peters was leveled when the RB failed to pick up the blitzer) and I believe Don Brow is a one dimensional DC and he refused to adapt to the opponent. I thought the Vipor neutralized the Zone Read. I was wrong. So if JH goes into the last game with a decent QB he has a very good chance of getting two wins. A coach cannot control injuries.

Need a new off line coach, new running backs coach

2018 Recruiting: 2 3 star Running backs, need a 5 star, Need 4 and 5 Star RB's, o state gets 4 and 5 Star RB's

Well when JH poaches a 3 star LB commit from Iowa to play FB a kid he had no interest in until a week before signing, that tells you all you need to know. Not going to beat OSU and MSU with 3 star fill in's

Hopefully by adding Patterson and having Peters with a few games under his belt the QB situation has been resolved. With McCaffrey & Milton in the pipeline we should be good going forward. Of all the position that need an upgrade this one can provide the most immediate benefit. Good QB play this year and we're a worst 10-2.

2018 Recuiting vs o st & msu

UM 0 Five Star o st 2 Five Star msu 0 Five Star
7 Four Star 14 Four Star 5 Four Star
11 Three Star 5 Three Star 14 Three Star
1 Two Star 0 Two Star 1 Two Star

Our recruiting is way behind o st and even with msu, recruiting has to get alot better than this! Do you folks agree?

JH is getting out recruited by o st and penn st and about even with msu
Enos will help alot with recruting.

I wonder if personality has something to do about it? There are certainly recruits who want to go to Michigan, respect Harbaugh’s reputation as a coach, so his personality doesn’t become a major factor. To those top prospects who are weighing their options between Michigan, OSU, PSU, Notre Dame, and more recently Georgia and Clemson, it may.

As I said when Harbaugh first came on board at UM, win and he’s eccentric which is fun, honest, and endearing. Lose or fail to meet expectations and it becomes being out of touch or crazy.

Harbaugh shouldn’t change who he is, in part because he probably can’t, but it may help recruiting to tone it down or better yet, take what he has and start winning championships. Winning Championships fixes a lot.

welp...2019 better be a big year.. like a really big year... Georgia had 8 5 star recruits and still stole our top recruit.. unreal..

That's how you come on the scene & vault your program into elite status..

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT