ADVERTISEMENT

Jazz pick a point guard?

HTV

Junior
Feb 3, 2006
I don't follow the NBA much at all, and did not watch the draft. I only try to see how UM players play and where they were drafted.
I did look at the entire draft results and see the Jazz picked up another PG. Maybe they traded it away for all I know. But if not, anyone know why they would do this?
I thought they had a couple of PG's when they picked T. Burke.
Maybe they need a back up, maybe they didn't think Trey gave them what they wanted, maybe this is why they are not so good?

Yeah. Exum's certainly big enough to play the 2, but he has always stated he's a point guard. I guess one could make a similar argument about Nik and Sacramento, as they drafted Ben McLemore, just last year.

Ok, thought maybe the Jazz were the Lions of the NBA.....

keep drafting the same position over and over.

Re: Ok, thought maybe the Jazz were the Lions of the NBA.....

Teams should take the best available player at a spot - Jazz has SO MANY holes that they can't afford to draft for specific needs. Exum is a risk - unproven, has not really played against top talent, etc and could be a hit or miss. If he's a hit - they have tons of leverage to trade him or Burke for more position players. If he's a bust, oh well - you gamble and they will be in the lottery again next season.
The reality is that no 1 or 2 players will make the Jazz that much better - they have to just focus on acquiring talent. I think they made the right pick based on everything - high risk but if it works out, high reward.

I do feel bad for Nik Stauskas - he went to a really shitty team that has a bunch of 1-1 ball hogs - Gay, McLemore, Cousins - he will not get many touches and will likely have a subpar year at Sacramento - I think Nik will be great in the NBA, just a shitty situation he got into.

McGary & GR3 got lucky - McGary goes into a great situation and will eventually take over the Kendrick Perkins role. GR3 will get tons of playing time once Love is traded and Minni starts to rebuild.

What's the most amazing thing though is that all 5 starters from 2 years ago are now in the NBA! Hail! Even the Fab 5 were unable to do that - while Webber & Rose were better then any of these 5, across the board this is the best group of starting five Michigan has ever had - IMHO.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT