ADVERTISEMENT

Recruiting ITB Extra: DL Recruiting Notes, Satellite Camps

EJ Holland

Recruiting Monkey
Apr 25, 2019
Chicago
*** Fast-rising 2022 mammoth defensive tackle Kenneth Grant told me that he is still slated to make his way to Michigan this week for an unofficial visit. Grant just picked up an offer from Ohio State and loved his time Columbus. There is no way around it, the offer from the Buckeyes is a huge one. However, Michigan has been prioritizing Grant since early in the cycle, and he has a good relationship with defensive line coach Shaun Nua. Grant visited Michigan when he was young but lost contact with the Wolverines. Since Nua offered, though, contact has been non-stop. I'm really interested to see how this visit goes.

*** Rising 2023 Garland (Texas) Lakeview Centennial defensive end Trey Wilson is wrapping up a two-day unofficial visit at Michigan today. Wilson had a 1-on-1 meeting with defensive coordinator Mike Macdonald yesterday and a 1-on-1 meeting with head coach Jim Harbaugh this morning. New Michigan analyst Ryan Osborn has been serving as his primary recruiter and was also involved in the visit. I'm told things went extremely well and that Michigan may even have the early lead. This is a recruit the staff loves and feels they can pull from the Lone Star State. Keep in mind that he is a former teammate of 2021 signee Ike Iwunnah.

*** Lastly, Michigan is set to have a satellite camp today in Chicago. I expect the staff to get some face time with Rivals100 wide receiver commit Tyler Morris, who is still recovering from his torn ACL. Michigan was working on getting Rivals250 linebacker Sebastian Cheeks to the camp, but Cheeks told me he's doubtful to make it as he's preparing to leave to Austin for his official visit with Texas. Michigan will be back in the Peach State soon as the Wolverines are set to do a joint camp with Georgia State this week as well. Michigan, of course, is looking at several prospects in Georgia.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals to access this premium section.

• Say your piece in exclusive fan communities.
  • Unlock Premium news from the largest network of experts.
  • Dominate with stats, athlete data, Rivals250 rankings, and more.