ADVERTISEMENT

it would be nice to be able to close the deal

U-MFAN4EVER

All-League
Oct 6, 2003
on some of these top recruits that U-M has either led with or near the top. Figured after the success JB has had the last few years he's be landing these kids. Don't get me wrong I love JB as much as anyone,just seems he's missing out on some of the best players.

Agree to a point BUT he aint looking for the best players hes looking for the right ones.

Another way to look at it is even a guy like Izzo now doesn't

consistently land these bigger recruits. Lots of competition among KU, UK, Duke, Syracuse, Arizona, OSU, UNC, etc. etc.

Reality Man

In recruiting, you will miss on many more recruits (maybe 2-4x) compared to those that you land.

So if you are in the top 5 for 5 players you get 1 in the long run. We missed on Dozier. Hopefully we hit on Thornton and/or Leaf and/or Battle.

Yep. With the way JB can find diamonds in the ruff...all the staff

really has to do is land 1 out of every 5 preferred guys they target. That tells me about 1 per year.

Reality Man

Don't think that we ever lead for Dozier. Top 30 kids are very tough to get if UK, KU, Duke are making a big push. Getting Chatman with Arizona recruiting him hard was a big victory. Miller is a consummate recruiter. In a way, it's more fun to get guys like LeVert, Dawkins and Wilson and watch them grow into stellar players.

This post was edited on 11/12 9:20 PM by sane1

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT