ADVERTISEMENT

Recruiting Intel: What we're hearing on five-star big man Flory Bidunga

Josh Henschke

Publisher
Staff
Oct 26, 2021
2024 five-star big man Flory Bidunga took to his social media accounts this week to announce that he has reached 'decision week' in his recruitment process. While he hasn't publicly stated a date, many believe it's expected to come on the 12th but we will see what happens as the week moves on.

Where are things standing right now? That's the big question.

I know it doesn't make much sense to post an intel piece to lead off with 'what we're hearing is that we're not hearing anything concrete,' but this is the current situation we're dealing with.

In all practicality sense, we've heard realistic commitment scenarios the most with Michigan, Duke and Kansas with all three having a legitimate case to secure Bidunga's commitment. We all know what Duke and Kansas are, so I don't need to spend much time discussing the merits of a commitment to either of those programs. We're all here for Michigan news so that is what I am focusing on.

There are some in U-M's circle who legitimately believe that they are on top for Bidguna heading into his decision. Whether that is wishful thinking or having some kind of concrete evidence behind it, a lot has to do with he amount of work that Phil Martelli has put into this recruitment process. If this one happens to get over the finish line, Martelli deserves all the roses as we were told that he has 'busted his ass' in this recruitment. Bidunga refers to Martelli as a grandfather figure in his recruitment process and his interest in the program is legitimate.

As for where U-M truly sits in this recruitment, until I hear something more concrete, I am firmly in the 'I'll believe it when I see it' camp come decision time.

One thing is clear is that those three schools have been discussed the most and there hasn't been a clear consensus one way or the other where this one is headed.

If it continues to be this way headed into a decision, I will be looking out for his announcement with plenty of intrigue.

If you want my best guess, I would say Duke right now.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals.com to access this premium section.

• Member-Only Message Boards
  • Exclusive coverage of Rivals Series
  • Exclusive Recruiting Interviews
  • Breaking Recruiting News