ADVERTISEMENT

Insider Intel: One name as an early DC candidate sticking out

Josh Henschke

Publisher
Staff
Oct 26, 2021
With the expectation that Jesse Minter will leave Michigan to join Jim Harbaugh's staff in Los Angeles, Sherrone Moore will be on the search for a new defensive coordinator sooner rather than later if the speculation comes to fruition as most think it will.

One early name that is standing out from those I have spoken with is Baltimore Ravens' inside linebackers coach Zachary Orr. His name has been brought up in discussion with people I speak with multiple times, Trevor has heard his name mentioned as well. Now, could this be an echo chamber of people repeating some sort of speculation? It's possible. But when you hear it from separate people not related to each other, you take some stock into it.

Orr is young, only 31, but has been in the NFL coaching ranks since 2017 where he got his start as a defensive analyst with the Ravens after ending his playing career in the NFL in 2016.

In 2021, Orr was hired by the Jacksonville Jaguars to coach the outside linebackers and was hired back by the Ravens this season.

Is he going to be the guy? I cannot say but he's from the Ravens coaching tree and it's clear that Moore has some level of interest in him.

It's an intriguing option, to say the least.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News