ADVERTISEMENT

Incoming freshmen viewing opportunity

Bob Miller

All-American
Jun 25, 2001
The USNTDP U18 is currently playing in the IIHF U18 World Championships, including three UM incoming freshmen for this fall:

#6 Quinn Hughes D
#14 Josh Norris F
#21 Michael Pastujov

Their games against the Czech Republic at 9:30am Monday and against Sweden at 9:30am on Tuesday are being televised on the NHL Network. Set your DVRs.

Last edited:
The USNTDP U18 is currently playing in the IIHF U18 World Championships, including three UM incoming freshmen for this fall:

#6 Quinn Hughes D
#14 Josh Norris F
#21 Michael Pastujov

Their games against the Czech Republic at 9:30am Monday and against Sweden at 9:30am on Tuesday are being televised on the NHL Network. Set your DVRs.
Enjoyed both games so far...hopefully they can convince Hughes brother to come to Michigan and too bad about St. Cyr

Enjoyed both games so far...hopefully they can convince Hughes brother to come to Michigan and too bad about St. Cyr

Jack Hughes was selected with the eighth overall pick in the OHL Priority Selection by Mississauga last weekend. Hard to read the tea leaves based on that. If he was a definite, I'd have thought he would have been picked higher. Yet, eighth overall is a solid investment by Mississauga.

Michigan followers should be aware that the ONLY current commit for the class of 2019, defenseman Mike Vukojevic, was selected by Kitchener in the second round.

There was no way St. Cyr was going to work at Michigan once the Michigan coaching staff decided to go with two freshmen in Lavigne and Lafontaine. While talented, St. Cyr is no sure thing.

I've read that it looks like Jack Hughes is signing up with the USNTDP. I love when these kids eschew the Canadian junior leagues. Love it!

Hughes looks good. Pastujov isn't standing out. Norris is okay.

I've only seen the game against Russia. I thought both Norris and Hughes played well. Pastujov's contribution wasn't as obvious, but I was pleased to see his work ethic and attention to all three zones.

Reactions: clevelandcane
After watching eight periods of this tourney, I'm even more convinced that Quinn Hughes will be a difference-maker for Michigan next season. Norris and Pastujov will be contributors, too. Interested to see how Raabe, Westlund and Kenny Johnson (maybe) fit.

Reactions: Shadowfax
Pastujov scored the opening goal and Norris got the winner for the U.S. today in their quarterfinal 4-2 win over Switzerland/Nico Hischier.

In today's 4-3 USA semifinal win over Sweden, Michael Pastujov score the opening goal for the U.S., Quinn Hughes had a goal and an assist, and Josh Norris assisted on Hughes' goal.

Reactions: clevelandcane
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT