ADVERTISEMENT

I'm thankful for...you?

Bob Miller

All-American
Jun 25, 2001
On this favorite holiday of mine, my Michigan hockey thankful list is topped by having been given the opportunity to know and cover Andrew Ebbett and Louie Caporusso , two of the finest gentlemen to grace the Yost ice sheet.

What Michigan hockey memory/experience makes you thankful on this day?

Edit: you, too, Shawn Hunwick!
This post was edited on 11/27 10:25 AM by Bob Miller

Too numerous to mention, but as I may have said here in the past, the 1998 Regional championship game against NoDak at Yost was and still is the single greatest athletic event I have attended in my life. And I say that even though within the 6 months prior to that event, I had attended (1) the 1997 OSU FB game that concluded an undefeated regular season, and (2) the January 1, 1998 Rose Bowl victory. 2002 Regional championship win over Denver a close second. Both of those games were incredibly intense from start to finish, had the crowd completely into the game throughout, and had dramatic GWGs for the good guys on end-to-end rushes in the 19th minute of the 3P, as well as great goaltending by Turco and Blackburn, respectively, at key sequences in the game.

We all need to be thankful to Bob for taking over the hockey coverage here in Mike's absence (and maybe beyond), which he is doing on a strictly volunteer basis. (If only I too could be independently wealthy . . . .:)) More generally we should be thankful for the great M hockey coverage we have gotten for years on this website. As Spath has pointed out, covering hockey is not part of the standard Rivals website "package" and so it is through the extra efforts of Mike, Bob, and a few others like Andy Reid over the years that we have gotten so much hockey coverage here.

I'm sure Michael joins me in saying thanks for the kind words.

My decision to work hockey this year was made prior to Michael's medical hiatus. I intend to be around long-term if the status quo is maintained.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT