ADVERTISEMENT

If you're the Athletic Director, do you try to get Urban Meyer after the season?

GoBlueJagaloon

Sophomore
Aug 7, 2014
Michigan
Let's say the season is a train wreck. Losses to ND, Penn State, Mich State, and OSU. Which at this point actually seems likely.
Do you at least reach out (discreetly) and try to gauge his interest? I would but don't think he would take the job.

Last edited:
Reactions: ewestrick
Let's say the season is a train wreck. Losses to ND, Penn State, Mich State, and OSU. Which at this point actually seems likely.
Do you at least reach out (discreetly) and try to gauge his interest? I would but don't think he would take the job.
Michigan would never ask him, he has too much baggage. Furthermore Urbie would not take the job, because he wouldn't be welcome with open arms in AA

He would never come to AA. If he does coach again, it will be at a school in the middle of great HS recruiting - his forte. Look for a school like USC or FSU to make a play for him.

He would never come to AA. If he does coach again, it will be at a school in the middle of great HS recruiting - his forte. Look for a school like USC or FSU to make a play for him.
He quit coaching, because of health issues, but I suspect other reasons that may come out later. UofM would never consider him.

Good point. But how much longer before Harbaugh gets burnt out at Michigan? Especially if things continue to go the way they have. You know he wouldn't want to leave in disappointment/failure, but at this point he can't be enjoying it.
If he gets a new OL coach and fixes the offense to play to their potential then he will be fine. Every game we have lost, since Harbs has been here, the offense has started too slow and lost bc we couldn't catch up. The defense is top notch, but they can't keep it close if they're on the field for 10 minutes every quarter.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT