ADVERTISEMENT

If you ask me...I think Brooks looks more talented than Simpson. I

Reality Man

Heisman
Feb 9, 2002
really like Simpson (moxie) but he reminds me athletically like a Burke whereas Brooks looks more like high end talent. If Brooks signs...JB can probably move him to the #2 and play along with Simpson but guy has no shortage of physical talent.

Dang...if JB can get a #4 along with Matthews and the other guys then I am really optimistic assuming Davis/Teske pan out. As I mentioned before...this isn't your brothers' JB program.

Brooks drives/dish. Simpson same thing. Outside of Poole I don't see the traditional JB 3 pt launcher. Not complaining. Looks like JB found Big Ten basketball religion. Not complaining. Looks like JB wants to run and gun? Drive to the hole and get fouled? Play defense?

Give JB credit...he is adapting to the new reality. Pun intended.

Reality Man

1st part wrong...2nd part right...from another site.

Unless Simpson fails to live up to expectations, Brooks should be the primary backup at the point for three years before taking over as the starter as a senior. If he proves capable of guarding two-guards—and that should be the case, at least against smaller teams—then he should be able to play alongside Simpson in the same backcourt in certain situations.

Huh? Brooks as a backup? Really? You think a guy who recently got offers from Villanova, OSU, NC State is somehow relegated to a backup role to Simpson?

I don't know. I have watched some tape and I am no John Beilein evaluator but just from the eye test Brooks isn't going to be sitting behind anyone for 3 years. This isn't like signing Albrecht. Kid has significant talent. I think the 2nd part was more accurate...that Brooks is going to be playing alongside Simpson and Poole depending on opponent.

RM

really like Simpson (moxie) but he reminds me athletically like a Burke whereas Brooks looks more like high end talent. If Brooks signs...JB can probably move him to the #2 and play along with Simpson but guy has no shortage of physical talent.

Dang...if JB can get a #4 along with Matthews and the other guys then I am really optimistic assuming Davis/Teske pan out. As I mentioned before...this isn't your brothers' JB program.

Brooks drives/dish. Simpson same thing. Outside of Poole I don't see the traditional JB 3 pt launcher. Not complaining. Looks like JB found Big Ten basketball religion. Not complaining. Looks like JB wants to run and gun? Drive to the hole and get fouled? Play defense?

Give JB credit...he is adapting to the new reality. Pun intended.

Reality Man
You watch it always a player thats going to surprise you that we're not even talking about go blue

That is true...especially with JB. He is an unorthodox coach which doesn't quite attract the high end types.

By the way...Simpson reminds me a little of Walton in the sense he is tough as nails and a little more talented. Not going to scare anyone from the perimeter.

Brooks looks a little like a hybrid and should be able to play the #1 and #2. JB got a steal on this one. Will take it.

http://www.yorkdispatch.com/story/l...most-coveted-recruit-county-history/87339116/

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT