ADVERTISEMENT

I was wrong!

klemman

All-American
Jan 31, 2002
Back In Harbaugh’s first year coaching UM I came in here and said “Michigan still has the name, the resources, and Harbaugh is still Harbaugh, the program seems to be on an upswing.”

It made a lot of you mad that I used the word “seems”, right Detroit John? How dare I have the audacity to not accept that Michigan is now one of the powerhouse programs in college football and use such vague terms as “seems”. I guess I was wrong as reality changed the narrative.

The good news is you guys are one Championship season away from changing the narrative again. I don’t know if Michigan is on the upswing at this point, but one less than desirable season doesn’t make it a downswing.

Congrats on working in the the in word of the season "narrative". It's clearly the in word of the season closely followed by "optics". It's seems to be the sole reason for your post.

Virgil Caine - Great Board name. Glad to see you finally got off the Danville train! I wonder how many people on here are old enough to know where your name came from?

Thanks, no one under 50. Congrats on being an oldster like me.

Back In Harbaugh’s first year coaching UM I came in here and said “Michigan still has the name, the resources, and Harbaugh is still Harbaugh, the program seems to be on an upswing.”

It made a lot of you mad that I used the word “seems”, right Detroit John? How dare I have the audacity to not accept that Michigan is now one of the powerhouse programs in college football and use such vague terms as “seems”. I guess I was wrong as reality changed the narrative.

The good news is you guys are one Championship season away from changing the narrative again. I don’t know if Michigan is on the upswing at this point, but one less than desirable season doesn’t make it a downswing.
Pardon me if I don't recall the dust up caused by your usage of the subjunctive back in 2015. I must confess I don't know what the hell you're talking about, though at the time it must have seemed, or maybe it actually was, of earthshaking consequence. Thanks for reminding us of a discussion from 3+ years ago, we almost had forgotten about that.

Pardon me if I don't recall the dust up caused by your usage of the subjunctive back in 2015. I must confess I don't know what the hell you're talking about, though at the time it must have seemed, or maybe it actually was, of earthshaking consequence. Thanks for reminding us of a discussion from 3+ years ago, we almost had forgotten about that.

Well, it got you pretty hot back then, but I can understand you wanting to forget the last three seasons.

Congrats on working in the the in word of the season "narrative". It's clearly the in word of the season closely followed by "optics". It's seems to be the sole reason for your post.

No, just saying that a few years ago the thought was that everything was going to be great with Harbaugh, without question. I said then that you had to let it play out. I’m coming back here now to say basically the same thing as I see posts by Michigan fans ready to give up on your coach. Let it play out, as one great season will erase much of the last several disappointing ones.

Well what I saw on Jan.1 was they looked like they were confused and looking for life support. They weren't ready to play and just plain stunk the place up.

Looks like coach H just hired Dan Enos to coach WRs. Now all we need is for Drevno to give up OC and get someone that will give the team some life on offense.

Well, it got you pretty hot back then, but I can understand you wanting to forget the last three seasons.
Honestly, what the hell are you talking about? Who the hell is trying to forget the last three seasons? When have I said we should forget the last three seasons or sought to erase the last three years? Is there some reason I should take you seriously?

Well what I saw on Jan.1 was they looked like they were confused and looking for life support. They weren't ready to play and just plain stunk the place up.

Sometimes you have those years where even though on the outside the players put on a face that they are motivated, the reality is that they aren't. They're more ready to end the season. May have been Michigan in the Bowl Game, even though they led early.

The thing about college football though is that every season brings a change in personnel so ending on a low note doesn't necessarily mean the next season follows in the same manner.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT