ADVERTISEMENT

I don't think this happened all of last year at home, they got a sweep over Vermont...

Puckhead

All-American
Jun 4, 2001
after winning last night 4-1, Michigan scored two goals late in the third to win the game 3-2, sweeping Vermont.

I honestly don't think they win this game last year or at least the chances would have been very small. Even though a lot of the players are the same, this is just a really different team.

Slaker (edited to fix my bad spelling!!) had the big game, scoring both of Michigan's goals in the third, the game winner with less than a minute to play. I expect it's going to be a bit of a roller coaster ride this year, but they look like a team that could make some noise. Big test next week when they play a pair at Penn State.

Last edited:
Actually, they swept PSU last year to end the season.

Still, your point is very well taken- this is a very different team than last year. Gutsy to come from behind and win that game- it seemed to take a while to adjust to Vermont's adjustments- they played a lot closer to our players all night tonight. Which game them a lot more time in our zone, and a lot more shots.

Good character.

Not only do they lose this one last year, but it ends 4-1. I liked how they stuck to the plan once they got down and there was no panic, even as the numbers on the clock got smaller. As we saw, it paid off. Looks like they've bought into Mel's coaching and system and hopefully will continue to improve as they get more familiar.

I'm still concerned about the difficulty in scoring, especially early. It was like pulling teeth to get goals despite the possession and movement.

That said, great weekend and it was fun to see how excited they were coming off the ice last night. Penn St will be a different animal, but can be beaten at Pegula - just ask AIC.

after winning last night 4-1, Michigan scored two goals late in the third to win the game 3-2, sweeping Vermont.

I honestly don't think they win this game last year or at least the chances would have been very small. Even though a lot of the players are the same, this is just a really different team.

Slaker (edited to fix my bad spelling!!) had the big game, scoring both of Michigan's goals in the third, the game winner with less than a minute to play. I expect it's going to be a bit of a roller coaster ride this year, but they look like a team that could make some noise. Big test next week when they play a pair at Penn State.

What's a sweep?

(Honestly, I was happy MSU won Friday to move to 2-1, it was the first time since October of 2015 MSU was above .500 at any point in the season)

BTW some things never change, despite new coaching - the version of The Victors that the boys sing in the locker room after a sweep is still an abomination.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT