ADVERTISEMENT

I did like the Enis tape more than the Evans tape although UM

Reality Man

Heisman
Feb 9, 2002
might get the latter. I have noticed something so far on the recruiting front this year. It's not that UM is getting the Alabama/OSU/USC type recruit. The can't miss type guy...no brainer 5 star guy. Everyone knows that but what I have picked up is that everyone one of these guys may not be exceptionally fast or quick but they do have decent athleticism and a very solid frame/build to play hard nosed football.

How do I put this...it reminds me more of the Chris Howard/Jarrod Bunch/Sam Sword type players. Guys willing to maul/hit you.

Just my overall impression so far. Going back to the 'roots' of UM football when the program was turned around under Bo. I didn't necessarily pick up this from the last class probably because it was a quick fix to save the class. I see more of a Deveon Smith type guy that may be a better athlete and less an athlete than a Derrick Green.

Reality Man

Good observation. I still think Brady did a fantastic job recruiting for the OL/DL and especially the defense as a whole. Brady had to because RR's recruiting gutted the future of the program.sadly, his recruits were never developed with the exception of some defensive players because of Mattison being the DC. His O recruits were NEVER developed period. These camps that are being held in the month of June are actually combines and June will be a huge month for the Wolverines. Michigan is going to get some highly touted players and they will also get some that have slipped under the radar of their state universities radars. Right now is a great time to recruit in Florida. FSU looks like thug university with a head coach that looks the other way; Miami is really down with a coach on the hot seat and Florida is breaking in a new coach. DJ Durkin's Florida connection will also pay dividends in Florida. Texas is also a place that is ripe for the picking now with UT being down, A&M fluctuating and Baylor really being the state power right now. If UM can recruit well in the South then the program is going to change much quicker than expected. High school football from the Carolina's, to Texas is almost the equivalent of small college football. It is awesome. This is why SEC coaches are pissed at Harbaugh becuase they know he will pick some recruits form the tree.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT