ADVERTISEMENT

I can no longer tolerate casuals and national media suits calling our new 18 school Atlantic Pacific Transcontinental Super Conference the Big 10…

argus99

Michigan Man
Gold Member
Dec 24, 2004
Newtown, PA
for another minute. We should start email bombing the conference executive office with a litany of new Conference name suggestions that they won’t have to change when they expand again in 2 years for an even 20 schools. Then it would be an obvious choice to name a now 20 school conference “The Big XX”. 18 poses a dilemma.

I say the new name should ditch “Big” altogether, and push forward that the conference spans the country from the Atlantic ocean, throughout the Midwest, all the way to the Pacific coast. That’s why I love the using the word “Transcontinental” in the new name.

How about The APTC? The Atlantic Pacific Transcontinental Conference. It’s not sexy, but most critically, it’s not stupid.

Think you can do better? Post your own new conference name and let’s compare. Seriously can’t ignore how stupid NOT changing the conference name to reflect and promote the enormity of being the 1st conference that spans nationwide, from NYC to LA, would be. It would be on-brand for the executive Chicago offices to blow all the free hype and a week of free primo slot advertising on ESPN morning shows for a week. Greasy Tony doesn’t strike me as a strategic deep thinker, and this looks like his lone opportunity to leave his mark on the conference, as I don’t see him holding on to his job for long.

Serious about them adding 2 more schools within a couple years…watch.

So..B1G 18? My APTC 18 idea? Come on, we need some serious suggestions to send to Greasy Tony on a daily basis. We can’t let Chicago eff this up.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals to access this premium section.

• Say your piece in exclusive fan communities.
  • Unlock Premium news from the largest network of experts.
  • Dominate with stats, athlete data, Rivals250 rankings, and more.