ADVERTISEMENT

Hockey team departures...

Puckhead

All-American
Jun 4, 2001
It seems three players from last year are no longer on the team (at least they no longer appear on the roster).

Chad Catt - goalie. I would think not a huge surprise here. He saw the ice once or twice over the last couple of years, but was never a contender for substantial playing time. Michigan is bringing in two goalies this year and I'm not sure if any team carries four goalies at the same time. LaFontaine left earlier this year and with Catt seemingly no longer on the team, they are back to three goalies. The one thing that is a little surprise is that he would have been a Senior; seems a bit rough to be pushed out in what would have been his final year, even if he wouldn't have been playing, but I guess that's the state of college sports these days.

James Sanchez - forward. This one is a bit more of a surprise. Would have been a Junior and while not flashy he was one of those grinder types and seemed to come up with a big goal here and there that helped the cause. He also seemed to come on stronger at the end of last season like he was maybe finding his place on the team. I haven't seen or heard a thing about him leaving. Has anyone heard anything related to his departure? Is he still in school and just leaving hockey? Is he still with the team and somebody screwed up the roster when they added in the Freshmen?

Had to come back and add another.
Steven Merl - forward. Another that probably falls into the not so surprising category. Would have been a Junior this year, but didn't really see the ice last year and with another group of forwards coming in he probably didn't see his chances of playing time going up.

Last edited:
Reactions: clevelandcane
Oh, man, James Sanchez was my favorite player (seriously).
I don't think Merl was really on the team last year.

Sanchez is headed to be USHL for junior hockey.

I doubt he returns in 19-20.

Merl left the team last October

Marody
Sanchez
LaFontaine
Catt
Are no longer on the team. LaFintaine May have option to return in a year. Perhaps Lavigne is only playing three years in goal given his age.

Maybe James Sanchez left of his own accord as he guessed he would only be a sometimes player, but I am looking at the freshman class and wondering if Van Wyhe and Olmstead are improvements over Sanchez at forward

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT