ADVERTISEMENT

Here we go with the second half

alfadriver

Junior
Feb 8, 2006
Somewhere on the walk to Yost.
And for this season, it's probably the toughest way to get it going. First, we didn't do really that well at the GLI. Second, the GLI was late, so we barely got one practice before... Third- we get to play one of the current best teams in the nation, Notre Dame. A team that is undefeated in B1G play.

Can't say that I have super high expectations for this weekend, but if we keep it close, it would be very encouraging. Especially if we can score on one of the stingiest teams in the country missing 3 of our scorers.

The big news for tonight is the dedication of the rink to Red Berenson. And that the game starts at 6:30.

It will be interesting to see the crowd, since students just got back, and enthusiasm isn't exactly sky high at the moment. Plus face off is 6:30.

I know that was a loss, and it sucks.

But raise your hand if your expected less from our team. Other than the two PK's that resulted in goals, we played pretty well. ND has a great D, so not scoring but the one is not really a shock, They did manage to control the puck for more than a few seconds on ND, and get some shots.

If there was ever a moral victory in a loss, that was it. Sunday will be an interesting game.

I'm with you on this one. I was expecting Michigan to pretty much get blasted out of the building. Short rest, little prep time, missing key players, but they played a solid game. Still a loss and it pushed them below .500 for the year, but still a better showing than expected.

With the Big Ten finally starting to live up to expectations this is likely going to be one long, long second half.

If this game is the start of a change in play, I think it bodes well. Other than the 2 power plays, Michigan was the more dangerous team and generated a surprising number of chances given the talent that was missing. Playing like that should lead to some wins over teams less well put together than ND. The other thing is that after next weekend, it's a fairly friendly schedule in terms of location. Minnesota is always a house of horrors for us, but then its home vs a PSU team we've beaten once (and should've beaten twice), then at OSU in front of 5,000 people in a 20,000 seat building, and then only 1 hostile environment in February. I'm certainly not predicting a conference title, but improved play and friendly environments could produce some wins.

Played hard, but had the same result. ND's first goal was a terrible defensive mistake- both were pinching in, which made it a 2-0, which became a 2-0.5. Bad play.

Not quite as happy as Friday, but then again, it was an away game.

And Hughes really needs to be more careful with the puck- drives me crazy to see him turn the puck over that easily, sometimes. Pick your chances better.

Played hard, but had the same result. ND's first goal was a terrible defensive mistake- both were pinching in, which made it a 2-0, which became a 2-0.5. Bad play.

Not quite as happy as Friday, but then again, it was an away game.

And Hughes really needs to be more careful with the puck- drives me crazy to see him turn the puck over that easily, sometimes. Pick your chances better.

Quinn Hughes is no Zach Werenski. As a freshman, do not see why Hughes is rated so high for nhl draft. Size and defense are a concern.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT