ADVERTISEMENT

Here is how I see it...

Reality Man

Heisman
Feb 9, 2002
'some' people keep thinking JB wants to continue shooting a high percentage of 3 pt shots. That isn't how I see it.

I think he wants to maintain his system of spreading the floor but is going to cut the 3pt shots down by 30-40% down the line. I don't think JB is principally looking for 3 pt shooters because if he is then he is going to fail big time.

Poole can shoot it but he is a shooting guard so he should be able to shoot. Simpson and Watson aren't what I would call perimeter guys nor is Matthews. He is going after Cain and others who don't remind me of 3 pt shooters. Robinson isn't going to be here after a couple of years.

So it sure looks like JB is abandoning his 3 pt spread system and going to a spread/attack.JB isn't just going for a makeover...it looks like he is doing some serious restructuring.

Just my .02 cts.

RM

'some' people keep thinking JB wants to continue shooting a high percentage of 3 pt shots. That isn't how I see it.

I think he wants to maintain his system of spreading the floor but is going to cut the 3pt shots down by 30-40% down the line. I don't think JB is principally looking for 3 pt shooters because if he is then he is going to fail big time.

Poole can shoot it but he is a shooting guard so he should be able to shoot. Simpson and Watson aren't what I would call perimeter guys nor is Matthews. He is going after Cain and others who don't remind me of 3 pt shooters. Robinson isn't going to be here after a couple of years.

So it sure looks like JB is abandoning his 3 pt spread system and going to a spread/attack.JB isn't just going for a makeover...it looks like he is doing some serious restructuring.

Just my .02 cts.

RM
Are crazy concepts like rebounding and inside scoring going to be part of this restructuring? JB has previously disdained both.

I would tend to agree with your skepticism but I look at his new staff. He has obviously prioritized defense. Well at least something that needs to be embraced. Coaches can change. Westhead changed. It happens and maybe JB isn't going to turn into Izzo but it sure seems like the 3 pt culture is going to change.

Watson, Matthews and Simpson look like they are all capable of playing defense. I even think Teske/Davis look like guys who can either block a shot or rebound. We will see but I give JB credit for making the welcomed changes.

I really think the Xavier game may have made an impact on him. I know it did for me.

RM

I would tend to agree with your skepticism but I look at his new staff. He has obviously prioritized defense. Well at least something that needs to be embraced. Coaches can change. Westhead changed. It happens and maybe JB isn't going to turn into Izzo but it sure seems like the 3 pt culture is going to change.

Watson, Matthews and Simpson look like they are all capable of playing defense. I even think Teske/Davis look like guys who can either block a shot or rebound. We will see but I give JB credit for making the welcomed changes.

I really think the Xavier game may have made an impact on him. I know it did for me.

RM
We will see. Something about old dogs and new tricks.
Xavier, and a powerhouse, big time school like SMU putting on a dunkfest against us were a bit disturbing to me.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT