ADVERTISEMENT

Having a bad day?

jimUMfan

Michigan Man
Gold Member
Jan 18, 2008
Eustis Florida
www.tiptops.com
One of my best friends is a huge FSU fan. His son coaches at Cincinnati. Last month, the son bought a new Ford 150 in Florida. So, my friend and his wife were going to drive the son's truck up to Cincinnati this week. On the way, they would go to Tallahassee to catch the FSU game, take a couple of days in Gatlinburg, and finally arrive in Cincy to deliver the truck and catch the Bearcat/Pitt game on Saturday.

The FSU game was a disaster, and my phone was blowing up with his frustration. Then, in the middle of the night, I got a call. He had hit an 8-point buck in his son's brand-new truck, and they were in the middle of nowhere. There was a lot of damage to the front of the truck, but after some pulling and wrenching, the truck became drivable. (No one was hurt. I hear the wife in the background saying stuff like, "I can't believe what YOU did to Tim's truck. my buddy was remarkably calm and cool-headed. I think he called me to talk through his current situation and needed and ear that wasn't the wife's. Once he realized the truck was drivable, it took 45 minutes to find a gas station with enough light to get a better assessment.

Gatlinburg was canceled, and the nearest Marriot was the target.

I talked to him today, and things were much better. The insurance company was very helpful, and his son was just glad his mom and dad were okay. The frustration has passed, and the realization that it could have been so much worse has set in, and he's genuinely grateful that it wasn't.

I'm counting my blessings.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals to access this premium section.

• Say your piece in exclusive fan communities.
  • Unlock Premium news from the largest network of experts.
  • Dominate with stats, athlete data, Rivals250 rankings, and more.