ADVERTISEMENT

Harbaugh's gimmicky recruiting tactics haven't worked

Bluevod Retweeted
Max Bultman ‏@m_bultman 17m17 minutes ago

Michigan had a Gary cutout ready. Wow

CaT3uOrVAAA4Gp6.jpg

Harbaugh had a great signing day. However, even with all his sleepovers, tree-climbing and other gimmicks he still finished behind Urban. And Urban still has his pride in tact.

Reactions: LCBrasefield
Harbaugh had a great signing day. However, even with all his sleepovers, tree-climbing and other gimmicks he still finished behind Urban. And Urban still has his pride in tact.
Do you think Harbaugh (or any other coach) gives shit one about recruiting rankings? The man got what he wanted.

Woe be to our enemies.

Harbaugh had no momentum to work with seven months ago and was able to pull off a great class and a solid first year on the field at UM. That doesn't seem to be relying on gimmicks to me. Head-to-head recruiting UM did just fine. Lost Fuller and Jordan, won on Gary, Walker, and Evans.

Last edited:
  1. These kids in both classes have not played a down yet. Let's see how they do when the lights go on.

Would put free cars and tats in the "gimmick" category, or just the OSU way?

More proof that recruits don't like Harbaugh's antics, from yesterday's presser:

Did you know what a big moment this would be to have Ric Flair to be part of?
“I did, I did! I was in Nate Johnson's house in Tennessee and I was just telling them about it, I was telling them what this event was going to be like, talking about some of the people that were going to be here and one of the family members said 'Tom Brady! Tom Brady's gonna be there! The greatest quarterback of all time, four Super Bowl trophies' and they said 'We're a wrestling family. You're gonna have Ric Flair there! It doesn't get any better than that, coach' and she's right."

;););););););)
More proof that recruits don't like Harbaugh's antics, from yesterday's presser:

Did you know what a big moment this would be to have Ric Flair to be part of?
“I did, I did! I was in Nate Johnson's house in Tennessee and I was just telling them about it, I was telling them what this event was going to be like, talking about some of the people that were going to be here and one of the family members said 'Tom Brady! Tom Brady's gonna be there! The greatest quarterback of all time, four Super Bowl trophies' and they said 'We're a wrestling family. You're gonna have Ric Flair there! It doesn't get any better than that, coach' and she's right."
Yes anecdotal proof like this just proves we're going down

As long as we forget about his cheerleader problem, or the fact that he faked an illness in order to run away from the SEC and Saban, or....well, you get the point.
He had really bad heartburn! Plus he wanted to be with his family more-that lasted about a year.
Then again, this is a fan base that reveres a cheating POS like the vest.

Urban has been at his school longer and has more to sell. This is Harbaugh's first full recruiting cycle at Michigan. Harbaugh still has his pride intact as well.

Urban has been at his school longer and has more to sell. This is Harbaugh's first full recruiting cycle at Michigan. Harbaugh still has his pride intact as well.
13 months in he nabs the #1 recruit in the nation, grabs multiple players from SEC and PAC 12 powers, I think our opponents are starting to worry

Last edited:
Meyer left Florida because of personal reasons and he had lost control of his program with MANY players running amuck. This is true despite what OSU fans think and say. He has been n Columbus now foe some time and has established his program. Harbaugh is just getting started.

Actually, he doesn't. Banging Co Eds to the point of his wife ready to leave him, and pulling the "Elizabeth I am coming to join you hunny" routine, only to take the Buckeye job, says he has no pride what so ever. Keep lying to yourself if you must, but don't piss on our collective legs, and tell us it is raining.

Meyer left Florida because of personal reasons and he had lost control of his program with MANY players running amuck. This is true despite what OSU fans think and say. He has been n Columbus now foe some time and has established his program. Harbaugh is just getting started.

The same Buckeyes that sing his praises were the same ones crying about the Florida program that was running amuck when Urban was there. It was all they had as Florida spanked the hell out of TUOS.

Michigan doesn't have a problem with Fla. With or without Urban, that is our home away from home, and will be the same with that toilet bowl known as "The Shoe".

Reactions: ChicagoBlueFan
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT