ADVERTISEMENT

Good news and a Twitter referendum

Bob Miller

All-American
Jun 25, 2001
Both Kyle Connor and Nick Boka have tweeted confirmation that they' ve sent in their signed NLIs. We expect an announcement from Michigan soon on the full group. When that comes, we'll have info here.

Different topic: I need everyone who believes that I should be on Twitter to make your case in this thread. :)

That's a tough convince. I suppose one should be a part of something that you are trying to convice to join.

So I'm out.

On the other hand, it's good to hear that players are still coming to the program in spite of the issues we've had for the past few seasons. Makes me hope they know something we don't.

Three more confirmations...

Joe Cecconi, Brendan Warren and Connor Murphy all tweet confirmation of their NLI signings with Michigan.

This post was edited on 11/19 8:07 AM by Bob Miller

Twitter

I for one would like Bob to be on Twitter

Next year's class will be one of the best in recent memory if all matriculate. Connor, Boka and Warren are all from Michigan so hopefully good chances that all end up in Ann Arbor. Murphy is an excellent student, small but skilled and seems destined for college. Cecconi has really upped his stock. A great class. Connor a first round pick. Boka, Warren and Cecconi all top 100 players or so in the NHL draft

Interestingly, I did not see a confirmation on Hayden Lavigne. With Nagelvoort and Racine still having eligibility next year, is he going to spend one more year in the USHL? Also, Connor Meike seems to have been hurt all of this year and some of last year. Is he still likely to end up at Michigan?

In the world that is hockey recruiting, most of the recent commitments have been 1999s. Mike Pastujov is currently projected as the #1 pick in the OHL draft and is a great start for Michigan. Not sure who else Michigan is recruiting in that class but some great local talent (Pastujov teammates at Honeybaked F Sasha Chmelevlski and F Vanya Lodnia, Victory Honda U18 D Tommy Miller, Nick Boka's brother F Luke and Jacob Trouba's brother D Chris)

Re: Three more confirmations...

This group seems solidly committed. Certainly, fallout from next June's NHL draft can always change that. Would say that there is more OHL flight risk in the 2016 group of commits than in this group.

Kyle Connor, arguably the best player of the 2015 group, has been very vocal in his intent to wear Maize and Blue next fall. Cecconi and Warren have told me face-to-face of their strong desire to play at Yost next fall.

Re: Twitter

Hope to have more soon on potential targets.

Hayden Lavigne and Christian Meike are notable in their twitter silence on the NLI issue.

Regarding goaltending, it would make sense for Lavigne to wait another year to replace Racine when he finishes his senior year.

I repeat here that I think the five mentioned NLI confirmations are not great flight to the OHL risks. However, never say never.

Lavigne....signed

...a letter of intent last spring which I assume still is applicable. I'd expect to see him next fall.

Bob- I am a fan of Twitter for

all UM sports, especially non revenue sports. Great for getting game scores and recruiting info. With that said, I have not been on Twitter for a couple months due to all the hate regarding the football team and AD. You do a great job on this site providing the info I like for hockey. Twitter not necessary from my standpoint.

My responses to all of the above

1. What is this Twitter of which you speak?

2. With the middling performance of our goalies so far this year, I was starting to wonder if Lavigne would be an upgrade over both of them. It's not a necessary assumption to me that he arrives next Fall only to sit for a year as Goalie #3.

3. I really don't know much about any of these youngsters, but I think we desperately need a line of Pastujov, Sasha Chmelevski and Vanya Lodnia skating together. What could Bob name this line?

Re: My responses to all of the above

1. How would I know? :)

2. Since Lavigne signed last spring, I'm assuming they've already put him off for one year. I don't see that happening again.

3. If they all would commit, I'd call them anything they wanted. We're a LONG way from that.

Twitter is great because it's completely what you make of it. Too many people dismiss it because they don't care what Taylor Swift thinks about anything, and it's really simple: Just don't follow her.

So you can choose what you care about. I have two accounts. My one I follow primarily Michigan folk, hockey recruits, accounts that would give me news about recruiting or the BTHC. The other one is for racing and musicians.

I could see it being really useful for you, Bob, to follow some of the scouts and recruiting folks out there and other college hockey folk.

It's also great to help build an audience for stuff. For instance, you tweet out your link to your Kyle Connor interview and everyone who follows you sees it and they can click on it. Then I retweet it and everyone who follows me sees it as well (then some are like "Hey, Bob Miller is on Twitter again! I should follow him!"

It really is a fantastic medium.
Posted from Rivals Mobile

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT