ADVERTISEMENT

Game Thread Sat Oct 25 @ #12 Boston U

Bob Miller

All-American
Jun 25, 2001
Jack Eichel is a stern test for Michigan's team defense. Let's see how they handle the examination.

I wish the game were on TV. I love Eichel. He's one of the best I've seen in quite some time. I hope UM can control him.

And we're off...

Two-game weekend road trip to take on (as of right this moment) undefeated Michigan Tech next weekend.

Re: 7 to play, still tied at 2, 3rd goal waved off, goaltender interference*

Frankly, I blame you, Steve. :)

Unbelievable calls. How do you waive off the UM goal but give BU the goal?! According to the radio guys they both could have been goals.

I hate the dang refs. I hate 'em in all sports and at every level.

This post was edited on 10/25 9:40 PM by clevelandcane

Sounds like BU is getting some hometown cooking from the officials

Waived off seemingly good UM goal while giving BU a questionable goal. Just going by radio. anyone seeing it live?

Re: Final, 3-2 BU*

Bob

Any thoughts on changing up the first line? One goal in 5 games and it does not sound like they are generating many quality chances Copp, Compher and Boo doing little on the scoresheet. I am sure Red recruited Boo to be running the first line by now. I'd say swap Motte for Copp.
Slow start to the year and another tough road trip. I miss the days of having the snipers and dangerous centers. The scoring by committee approach is in its fourth year and are a grind and more chAllenging to obtain.

I'd expect him to keep Copp and Compher together, for now at least. However, those are two guys you expect to be at the top of the scoring stats.
And, they've struggled.

Hope to get to practice on Tuesday. Should have a better idea then.

It is still October. Don't want to panic, but don't want to wait too long either. Putting Dancs on their line this weekend was an attempt to change it up, I'd guess.

Motte may be a good idea. I'll let you know if I can get there on Tuesday.

I'm more worried about Nieves than Copp or Compher. Copp has started slowly before, and his struggles may be partially due to him being captain and trying to show the defensive part of the game... maybe. Compher- well, he's a sophomore- so we don't really know how the kids react to being second years until they do it

Nieves, though... seeing him struggle last year, and having that appear to carry over to this year. hmm.. So very much speed. Maybe we need to get back to having a volunteer sports pshycologist.

Coaching staff pegged Nieves as the most likely breakout player before the season. Still could happen (only five games in and it IS still October),
but it's becoming more difficult to envision that result.

Scouts were calling Boo an all or nothing recruit from his prep days and pursuit by the OHL.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT