ADVERTISEMENT

Funniest part of the game was seeing that foul on Wagner

Reality Man

Heisman
Feb 9, 2002
for standing in the general vicinity of the SMU player. Now that foul is what I would call extreme ticky tack.

Back to the program. Didn't see this performance. Everyone is playing well. Teske is huge. Wilson looks like the 2nd coming of college version of Dennis Rodman Jr. He looks like the best player on the team and he doesn't even score that much. His 3 pt shot is questionable and makes Irvin look like a good 3 pt shooter but let Wilson roam around with a guy like Wagner/Donnal and he looks like he makes a huge difference.

Robinson on the bench looks good because dang if he isn't the worst defender on the floor then please show me someone who is worse. Just match him up with someone who isn't a scorer on the other side.

My point of the post is did JB step into this by accident? It wasn't like Wilson was supposed to be a 4 in this system. It's like Wilson is now what Chatman was supposed to be performance wise. UM looks like a Big Ten team that plays JB ball.

Better late than never. I watch the team and I can't reconcile what I am seeing under JB. I was waiting for next year but it looks like next year is this year. Seems JB always does better when the expectations are low.

RM

for standing in the general vicinity of the SMU player. Now that foul is what I would call extreme ticky tack.

Back to the program. Didn't see this performance. Everyone is playing well. Teske is huge. Wilson looks like the 2nd coming of college version of Dennis Rodman Jr. He looks like the best player on the team and he doesn't even score that much. His 3 pt shot is questionable and makes Irvin look like a good 3 pt shooter but let Wilson roam around with a guy like Wagner/Donnal and he looks like he makes a huge difference.

Robinson on the bench looks good because dang if he isn't the worst defender on the floor then please show me someone who is worse. Just match him up with someone who isn't a scorer on the other side.

My point of the post is did JB step into this by accident? It wasn't like Wilson was supposed to be a 4 in this system. It's like Wilson is now what Chatman was supposed to be performance wise. UM looks like a Big Ten team that plays JB ball.

Better late than never. I watch the team and I can't reconcile what I am seeing under JB. I was waiting for next year but it looks like next year is this year. Seems JB always does better when the expectations are low.

RM
I thought Wilson was always a 4? Like your other thoughts - I predicted 5th [which may be close] but they are playing much, much better.

I think the team is playing better offensively than what they will probably play in Big Ten play. I don't trust Irvin unless he continues to drive and get to the hoop. He got some lucky bounces but he played well and he is clearly better off at the 3 spot. My point is that UM did so well because everybody played really well except for maybe Walton in the first game.

I believe the surest thing so far (shock) is that Wilson will be valuable and solid at the #4 because he doesn't have to score in traditional ways. Everything is a bonus. Problem is if Irvin or Wagner/Donnal aren't scoring then things are going to bog down.

Wagner is critical to Big Ten conference performance or maybe I should say Wagner/Donnal. Something tells me there will be some ugly offensive games but when the team is on offensively they will definitely be o.k.

RM

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT