ADVERTISEMENT

From the Road: Spent time with Otis Reese...

Chad Simmons

Sophomore
Gold Member
Feb 6, 2017
the last two days (Wednesday at a luncheon and Thursday at his game) and all I have gotten out of him is, "No interviews."

I have talked to people close to Otis Reese and the Lee County football team the last few months because he was even very difficult for me to get anything out of when I was at his spring for spring practice in May.

I was around other media outlets Wednesday at the luncheon, and one reporter from another competitor of Rivals drove 3.5 hours to Lee County High School last week after the coach said they could speak with Reese only to have Reese not say a word to them, and walk back to class.

Why is the question. I asked him after his game Thursday again if he would talk, and of course he said no. I heard another local newspaper guy ask about Michigan and Reese said nothing.

To my knowledge, nothing has changed — he is still a Michigan commit. I have no reason to believe otherwise, but when talking to some close to Lee County and Reese, they have told me Georgia is "giving him something to think about".

I have confirmed Reese visited Athens (Ga.) at least twice over the summer, and some of the UGA commits and targets think he ends up there. Reese is not giving us anything, so it is hard to really know what he is thinking at this moment.

Aubrey Solomon is in Ann Arbor, his older brother plays for Central Michigan, and I know for a fact Reese loves Harbaugh, and maybe even more, Chris Partridge, so there are plenty of reasons to feel good if you are a Michigan fan about where things stand right now with Reese.

I just wanted to let you guys/gals know that he is staying tight-lipped right now, and even his coaches don't completely understand why. Two different Lee County coaches went into the luncheon to get him to bring him out to the media and Reese would not come. Every other kid (over two dozen) came out of the luncheon for quick photos and interviews, but Reese did not.

There is definitely some Georgia chatter, but what does that truly mean? Not many, IF ANY know, but I confirmed Wednesday that Reese does talk with Kirby Smart and a couple of the UGA coaches pretty regularly.

We will continue to track Reese, and IF I get anything out of him, you will read it here first.

----------

Now, onto the game Thursday.

He was LIGHTS OUT! He was a BALLER! The first word that came to mind when I saw him was ENFORCER.

Here is a pic I took Thursday night.

g0nktstaivzbou044uf3

Reese had three tackles for loss, causing a fumble on one of them. He had three, what I would call big hits in the game. He probably ended up with 8-10 tackles and one pass break-up in the flats. He is going to move up a little in the 2018 rankings next week, but he will move up a lot move next ranking update.

I will have video highlights and a photo shoot featuring Reese, but obviously, not an interview for you all like I had hoped for.

----------

What's next? I will see Michigan commit Christian Turner play tonight. I feel confident about getting him on camera after his game to talk Michigan, so look for a Turner update, photos, analysis and highlights here in the future.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals to access this premium section.

• Say your piece in exclusive fan communities.
  • Unlock Premium news from the largest network of experts.
  • Dominate with stats, athlete data, Rivals250 rankings, and more.