ADVERTISEMENT

For those afraid that Moore won't be involved heavily with the OL:

buttaball

Michigan Man
Gold Member
Oct 2, 2001
Columbia, MD
Moore said. "I know that as long as I'm here, we're gonna be good up front. We're gonna be violent, we're gonna be physical, gonna be tough, relentless, all the things you want.
d and has continued to be one of the best passing offenses in the nation, with Day's fingerprints all over it.
IMO, this was just another odd worry by Michigan fans.

Keep in mind: Ryan Day took over OSU because of his passing game chops. When he became HC, of course the offense remained a super-productive passing O, complete with NFL QBs and the top WRs in the game. Day's fingerprints an as OC are actually who he IS as a head coach.

In the same vein, Jim Harbaugh, despite being a decorated head coach, ALWAYS was heavily involved with his QB's- Even to the point of being THE QB coach as well as Michigan's head coach for his first 4 seasons at Michigan.

I mean it would've been a bit "off" if Harbaugh was not the de facto go to coach for J.J. (we all saw how involved he was in J.J.'s development, as well as getting QBs to commit).

Why?

Because Jim Harbaugh will always be a QB at heart.

This idea that Coach Moore, the OC, decorated OL coach, and the guy that told his OL unit that they would have to "lead the team" would be unavailable for comment, or leadership at that position (of al the positions on the team) due to being too busy is just a take that ignores football coaching history, and common sense.

Not to mention the idea that Grant Newsome is a "rising star" in coaching- One who is tabbed as a future head coach- But somehow the former OT is supposed to be over his head coaching the OL...For those questioning Newsome's promotion, pray tell what position a former OT should be coaching? And shouldn't a two time Joe Moore award-winning coach know what it takes to man his former position?

Too much unfounded "fear".

False

Evidence
Appearing
Real

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals to access this premium section.

• Say your piece in exclusive fan communities.
  • Unlock Premium news from the largest network of experts.
  • Dominate with stats, athlete data, Rivals250 rankings, and more.