ADVERTISEMENT

Few observations on the Fresno game and a prediction for tomorrow…

argus99

Michigan Man
Gold Member
Dec 24, 2004
Newtown, PA
[Quick personal note: since the first week of May, we had been under a very humid, rainy and extremely high barometric pressure “dome” that hung over the Delaware River Valley, that has its own unique weather system that exists within the East of the Appalachians PA/DEL/NJ/Southern NY “Weather-sphere” along the NE Corridor. From April 28th to August 25th, when the previous week of mid 90s temperatures and a barometer reading so high that, as you walked outside, the air was so pregnant with humidity, you could feel the air pass over your skin as you walked outside. I have only experienced that feeling twice before in my life over 30 years ago: once in the summer in New Orleans, and the other was in the jungle of west Guatemala in 1989. That was back when I wasn’t disabled by a destroyed L1 through L4, and S1 where just regular humid days turn up the chronic pain volume nob up to 8, and those last weeks in August before the weather broke down into the sunny 70s without a cloud in the sky where every injury I’ve had reminded me they’re still around, and the pain I was in was nearly all I could endure. I started marking down bad days on a calendar when the weather projections in May were portending more of the same awful weather with no end in sight. Until mid August, I had a grand total of 3 days marked in green as “good” days, with every other day marked with a red X for agony days.

When the weather broke, I corrected my posture, and walked Quinn, ran errands, etc. with a lumbar pain I put at 4-5 on the pain scale out of 10, with no issues for 3 days. The next morning, I woke up with severe pain in my GOOD knee, and I could tell by trying to bear weight on it that a serious injury happened, and I have no idea how it occurred, as nothing happened, not even a slight trip in all the walking I did with adjusting my posture when I was able after months of bearing weight mostly on my left leg. I did my own knee stability tests, my left knee experience has taught me all the tricks of the trade, and the 4 ligaments along with the Patella tendon and meniscus all checked out. Given the location of the sharp, burning pain on the PCL side of the knee, I’m thinking it’s the worst possible injury, one to the cartilage where the femur and fibula meet in the knee joint. If that’s true, there is no fixing cartilage damage, and it’s just steroid shots for years until finally getting a knee replacement where medicine is currently. We have the big diagnosis appointment next Friday, and I’m going to wait to see where AI takes the field of medicine in a few years, if it doesn’t kill us all first. Currently hobbling around wearing a knee lock brace along with my back shit that has just made me laugh. How can I be upset about a mysterious severe knee injury out of nowhere after everything else I’ve been through? lol.

I’m definitely not reacting to this as EVERYONE expected from me, that’s for sure. I told my back neurologist that at least it won’t be a relapse when I will have to have at least a week’s supply of Vicodin 7.5s that I’m allowed, as I have had some serious dental work done the past 2 years. So I got that going for me.]

Observations from the Fresno Game:

I‘ll sum things up by making a 4 observations:

1). That was an NFL pre-season game for Michigan, they were never in danger of losing the game, that 2 phantom calls and one legit personal foul call were the only reasons Fresno was even in position to possibly tie the game, and when I saw Fresno’s formation that screamed WR screen, I said to Pops, “Watch, Will is gonna jump this play and take it to the house” as Fresno’s diminutive to the extreme QB threw the screen pass without checking coverage, and Will did a thing.

2). I rewatched the 60 min game four times this week, and I came down to tell Pops that both offense and defense were just base calls all game that I compared to pre-season game for Michigan, saying that Texas has about 25-30% of tape on just the basic concepts Michigan wants to be on both sides of the ball. They were sandbagging. What made this weird was Pops was watching B1G Today at the time, and seconds later Jake Butt says the same thing on the show.

3). I’m sorry, but Donovan’s 1.64 yards after contact compared to Mullings 4.7 yards after contact is proof that he should not be the guy carrying the ball inside the Tackles, unless the play is designed to open up space for him with a counter, or any play the requires OLs or TEs to pull to give him daylight. He is not Blake Corum, nor is he powerful enough to run up the middle.

4). Hey! We got a real kicker. With 60 yards or more leg, and appears to be Moody-esque in accuracy and cold bloodedness.

My Pick for Saturday:

The full playbook, including the trick plays Sherrone is known to use often, will be on display. On defense, Martindale is gonna go Full-Martindale, and I predict Ewers will be knocked out of the game in the starting minutes of the 3rd Quarter.

Michigan blitzkriegs Texas on offense and defense. Loveland catches a TD bomb after motioning to the X Receiver, because CBs, LBs, and Safeties cannot cover him in college football. I hate giving scores, but I’ll state that Texas is gonna have real trouble moving the ball against Michigan, and say..

Michigan 38 - Tejas 17.

Go Blue! - Argus

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals to access this premium section.

• Say your piece in exclusive fan communities.
  • Unlock Premium news from the largest network of experts.
  • Dominate with stats, athlete data, Rivals250 rankings, and more.