ADVERTISEMENT

Etta!

buttaball

Michigan Man
Gold Member
Oct 2, 2001
Columbia, MD
My click (among others) to pick this season is Enow Etta.

As usual, Michigan has emerging players.

Etta is the poster child of a recruit focused on football first, and joined a program known for football and team development.

There has been no flirting with the portal in his first two seasons- Only a business-like focus on football.

It's visible and obvious that, due to this focus, he has put in the work and gained good weight. The phrases "like a sponge", "always the last one to leave practice", "wants to be/can be great" have been thrown around by coaches and peers. The hard work has paid off.

I mean what 310 pound sophomore looks like this?:

resize

That is a body that can carry another 15 lbs without it making one iota of difference on his speed and agility. I'm predicting a 325 lb monster who can help relive the loss of Grant and Graham (and probably Benny), and star in 2025. I think that he will flash in 2024.

He absolutely fits with the rest of the young men on the roster, and is in the mold of former players with the "nose to the grindstone" mentality of champions.

OTOH, his classmate Collins Acheampong spurned Michigan for Miami.

He is now at UCLA, starting over, nowhere to be seen on the two deep.

Good luck to him, but he is a bit behind his buddy as far as actually playing any meaningful snaps.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals to access this premium section.

• Say your piece in exclusive fan communities.
  • Unlock Premium news from the largest network of experts.
  • Dominate with stats, athlete data, Rivals250 rankings, and more.