ADVERTISEMENT

Denzel Valentine, Nik Stauskas, and Glenn Robinson...

maelfan

All-League
Aug 7, 2014
So here is the way I see this story.

Stauskas and Robinson left early because that is the cool thing to do and the timing was supposedly right. They earned good money but neither will leave the NBA with a legitimate career resume.

Valentine had no chance to leave early, so that is not the comparison.

The comparison is that Valentine's 4 years have him primed to make the same millions, if not more his first three years that Nik and Glenn made, yet he likely has a career in front of him, as Nik and Glenn might have had they done the right thing and not the cool thing and stayed in college.

They left based on potential, not readiness and in this case, the tortoise (Valentine - by choice or not) will win this race by a mile.

I think Valentine could have left but I think your point is well taken. That being said...you are looking at this from the wrong perspective.

GR3 didn't want to be in school. Why should he stay at some place when he really wants the $$'s. It's amazing he stayed after his frosh year. He couldn't leave fast enough. Dad left.

I think Stauskas couldn't wait to get out of Dodge. Maybe Valentine has a great bond with MSU and Izzo. Maybe he likes the college life...sort of like McGary who would have stayed. I will say one thing (not going to be popular) but I don't think GR3 or THJ or Burke necessarily love UM the same way Green and Valentine love MSU.

My point is these UM players had a combination of things...no interest in school, pro money and struck while the iron was hot. Were any of these guys really going to be better off staying? I don't think so. Just the opposite with GR3.

RM

Reactions: Xenophon_431
The comparison is that Valentine's 4 years have him primed to make the same millions, if not more his first three years that Nik and Glenn made, yet he likely has a career in front of him, as Nik and Glenn might have had they done the right thing and not the cool thing and stayed in college.

This is just unbelievably ridiculous. What more could Stauskus have possibly developed in college? He is struggling in the NBA purely because he doesn't have world class athleticism like the vast majority of wing players in the NBA. That wouldn't have ever changed no matter how many years he stayed in college. It would have been a HUGE mistake for Stauskus to come back when he was a top ten pick, the fact you can't understand that speaks volumes. Claiming these guys didn't do the "right thing" when they got drafted is just beyond ignorant, and has everything to do with your selfishness in being a fan of their former team and nothing to do with the reality of the situation.

Reactions: guestavo
This is just unbelievably ridiculous. What more could Stauskus have possibly developed in college? He is struggling in the NBA purely because he doesn't have world class athleticism like the vast majority of wing players in the NBA. That wouldn't have ever changed no matter how many years he stayed in college. It would have been a HUGE mistake for Stauskus to come back when he was a top ten pick, the fact you can't understand that speaks volumes. Claiming these guys didn't do the "right thing" when they got drafted is just beyond ignorant, and has everything to do with your selfishness in being a fan of their former team and nothing to do with the reality of the situation.

Wrong. You are the ignorant one, falling into the cliche trap rather than thinking for yourself. Chris Webber was obvious. Jalen rose was obvious. Jamal Crawford , even had he not been forced out was obvious. Stauskas could have done a ton more. Just because you are as good or better than most of the other players in the draft doesn't mean you individually are ready to start, develop, and sustain an NBA career.

Draymond Green anyone?

Wrong. You are the ignorant one, falling into the cliche trap rather than thinking for yourself. Chris Webber was obvious. Jalen rose was obvious. Jamal Crawford , even had he not been forced out was obvious. Stauskas could have done a ton more. Just because you are as good or better than most of the other players in the draft doesn't mean you individually are ready to start, develop, and sustain an NBA career.

Draymond Green anyone?
Draymond Green. Yea.
Rewards follow results.

,,,Cheers

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT