ADVERTISEMENT

Recruiting Davey Dimes: Have confirmed Isaiah Collier is on campus at Michigan

DavisMoseley

Sophomore
Staff
Jun 9, 2022
Atlanta, Georgia

Michigan's tip top target in the '23 class, is confirmed to be on campus for his official visit.

Collier will be on campus from tonight, July 28th through July 30th.

This will be Collier's last official visit, before he will sit down with his family and make a decision before his senior year.

Alabama, Cincinnati, UCLA, and USC have already hosted the five-star guard.

Collier confirmed with me that Alabama is out of the picture and he is down to a final four of Cincinnati, Michigan, UCLA, and USC despite recent interest from Kentucky.

We have had so much coverage on Collier over the last month and will have more coming in the NEAR future as I will sit down with his family following the visit to recap.

Stay tuned...very closely...

Michigan's tip top target in the '23 class, is confirmed to be on campus for his official visit.

This will be Collier's last official visit, before he will sit down with his family and make a decision before his senior year.

Collier confirmed with me that Alabama is out of the picture and he is down to a final four of Cincinnati, Michigan, UCLA, and USC despite recent interest from Kentucky.

We have had so much coverage on Collier over the last month and will have more coming in the NEAR future as I will sit down with his family following the visit to recap.

Odds he commits to us?

Reactions: orsons
Odds he commits to us?
I hate this game Franz...

I couldn't give you an accurate # if I wanted to.

I can give you this: "Isaiah is 1A. Viewed as a Program changer".

Juwan is prioritizing him more than perhaps any other he has been on before.

The ENTIRE staff will have their hands on this weekend.

I've always said, "Michigan is safely in top three" and "Legitimate shot".

Tons have said UCLA. I always viewed USC as the biggest threat to Michigan.

Think this visit will decide it.

More than 1%.

Less than 100%.

After the visit, I'm not sure Michigan will be envying anyone's positioning.

I love Juwan's ability to connect with the kids on these visits.

Arguably the best in the country.
Yea, just bustin your chops. I think this recruitement just like Kante is tough to read. As you said, JH does a great job of connecting with these recruits. Hopefully he picks Michigan, as well as Kante. I have a lot of faith in JH!

Yea, just bustin your chops. I think this recruitement just like Kante is tough to read. As you said, JH does a great job of connecting with these recruits. Hopefully he picks Michigan, as well as Kante. I have a lot of faith in JH!
All good my guy.

Will have an update tomorrow. and Sunday.

This is too big of a recruitment to not cover like this...

Reactions: orsons
July 29th UPDATE:

Michigan is currently running, in my opinion, a near perfect official visit. They are hitting on every one of the main points with Collier and his family.

Big night tonight. Can't be overstated the importance on tonight. Michigan is playing the game and pulling some rabbits out of their hat for Collier.

When I say rabbit, I mean, a really big play.

Will have another update tomorrow and then a story early next week.

Just want to clarify one thing:

Program-changing player and the coaching staff is treating him as a such.

If he goes elsewhere, it won't be because they didn't give it their all. If Collier ends up out west, Michigan won't be asking what else they should have done.

July 29th UPDATE:

Michigan is currently running, in my opinion, a near perfect official visit. They are hitting on every one of the main points with Collier and his family.

Big night tonight. Can't be overstated the importance on tonight. Michigan is playing the game and pulling some rabbits out of their hat for Collier.

When I say rabbit, I mean, a really big play.

Will have another update tomorrow and then a story early next week.

Just want to clarify one thing:

Program-changing player and the coaching staff is treating him as a such.

If he goes elsewhere, it won't be because they didn't give it their all. If Collier ends up out west, Michigan won't be asking what else they should have done.
“Well alright, alright, alright !”👏

If Michigan get Collier, I think he would be the highest rated basketball recruit since Jerod Ward in ‘94 & Chris Webber in ‘91. I just watched a few minutes of him on tape. Collier reminds me of Anthony Edwards or a little taller Tyrese Maxey.

I'm really not trying to over do it Big D. This is a Chris Webber level recruit...
It would also be quite the Michigan NIL statement if they could land Isaiah Collier. We all know the higher the ranking of the player the more hype that follows. It doesn’t get much more ballyhooed than a top five & overall five star. ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️

It would also be quite the Michigan NIL statement if they could land Isaiah Collier. We all know the higher the ranking of the player the more hype that follows. It doesn’t get much more ballyhooed than a top five & overall five star. ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
They have prioritized Collier like he is the best player in the country.

Oh wait...hmmmmm

“When I say rabbit, I mean, a really big play.”

Be interested to see if this is an NIL pitch. Then again, there are a ton of high profile UM BB grads on campus this weekend too. Can’t hurt to have them on campus when, coincidentally, they set up Collier’s OV.

Reactions: DavisMoseley
“When I say rabbit, I mean, a really big play.”

Be interested to see if this is an NIL pitch. Then again, there are a ton of high profile UM BB grads on campus this weekend too. Can’t hurt to have them on campus when, coincidentally, they set up Collier’s OV.
Not an NIL play. Can't specifically say what it is RIGHT NOW because I don't have clearance, but I'll tell you it is a huge factor.

Reactions: WOLVERNOLE

This is a stud that would be a real gem for Howard. We must continue to relentlessly pursue him and garner his commit. What a score that would be. Continue M's rep for talented hard nosed point guards.

I hate this game Franz...

I couldn't give you an accurate # if I wanted to.

I can give you this: "Isaiah is 1A. Viewed as a Program changer".

Juwan is prioritizing him more than perhaps any other he has been on before.

The ENTIRE staff will have their hands on this weekend.

I've always said, "Michigan is safely in top three" and "Legitimate shot".

Tons have said UCLA. I always viewed USC as the biggest threat to Michigan.

Think this visit will decide it.
Time to toss the dice and see what's meant to be!

Reactions: FranzWagner
I’ll go with 80%. Especially because he’s on campus and Juwan is the man when it comes to connecting with these kids. Plus we really need an elite PG to win a championship. We have the other pieces.
You said it right Boogieman!

Collier's recruiting is one I've been watching closely and am holding my breath on, but, aside from him I also want us to lock in Zayden High, he is a treasure also.

Last edited:
Would be the highest ranking recruit since Chris Webber.

It is getting more and more realistic each passing second.
Okay, I was gonna call “hype” but held off… until the ^^^^aforementioned.
“…each passing second.” Davis, this is starting to sound like a cheap, romance novel!🤣
Could we reign it in, to “very encouraging” or something like that?

Reactions: DavisMoseley
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT