ADVERTISEMENT

Recruiting Daily Update: Nov. 9

brandonjustice

Senior Editor
Staff
May 24, 2016
Woodhaven, MI
I'm going to start doing daily updates more regularly when the news is slow.

I have two pieces in the works for tonight/tomorrow morning including a deep dive with running back commit C.J. Stokes and TMBR's Best Guess List 1.0.

Over the past couple of days, I've had a lot of calls scheduled and moved around -- such is life in the big city of recruiting -- I'm working on compiling those and putting everything together throughout the week. With playoffs going on all over the country, it's been a busy week for the recruits going from school to practice to college calls and lastly, to media, which I believe is the correct order. The best guess list has a lot of written content in it with confidence scores and the whole nine. I'll be putting those out throughout as we approach the Early National Signing Day.

As far as today's updates...

- Expect things to heat up between Bryce Archie/Kaleb Webb & Michigan. The two have been open and eager to chat following their visit over the weekend. I'm talking to both of them this week. Tennessee is all over Webb and was the primary contender to flip him away from East Carolina. But if Michigan makes the offer to Archie committable, and I believe it is, then there's a strong allure for Webb to join his buddy.

- I've been doing a healthy amount of film study on Michigan's commitments in preparation for our Signing Day Megathon -- not an official name, Josh I'm looking at you -- and the commit whose film has impressed me most in comparison to his ranking is running back C.J. Stokes. As I said, there's a story coming out on him but man is he intriguing. It's easy to compare him to Corum but how could you not? He accelerates in the open field, his quick feet make him extremely shifty and dangerous with his cuts, and he's a weight room freak. I'm sure this has been said before.

- The quote from five-star cornerback Domani Jackson out of Mater Dei, Calif., I read it, and it's as blunt as it gets. I'm late to the party on 2022 coverage and I'm going to grind my tail off to get the scoop on the situation as best I can while keeping values at the forefront. But it's hard to love Michigan's chances right now. Here's what I believe to be true ... if Michigan wins out, there's no doubt that landing Jackson won't be its best reward ... a Big Ten Championship, College Football Playoff bid, beating Ohio State ... all of those things rank ahead of it. But if it somehow pulls that off, then it very well may pull of the recruitment of the California five-star. I don't believe Jackson is the only entity wishing for the Wolverines to take the next step in 2021.

- Lastly, a programming note. Behind the scenes, we are doing everything we can to lay a foundation and get this train moving in TMBR's recruiting coverage. Josh and Tanner are attacking it with me. The reality of the situation is I'm taking over the recruiting coverage with a month and some change left of it in the 2022 class, sans the few who might hold out until February. It's an uphill battle and we know that. But it's going well. We're keeping values at the forefront, doing the right things, and reporting the intel we feel not only comfortable sharing but completely confident, too. Relationships are being built and stories are being written that are going to give us the best comprehensive recruiting coverage long-term. Understand this is a long-term play. I'm not going to throw things at a wall and hope they stick or chase kids down and damage relationships with coaches, families, etc. Values, values, values ... they always pay off long term. I learned that and won't let it go to rush this project. Stick with us and trust the process. You're going to love what's to come.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals to access this premium section.

• Say your piece in exclusive fan communities.
  • Unlock Premium news from the largest network of experts.
  • Dominate with stats, athlete data, Rivals250 rankings, and more.