ADVERTISEMENT

Couple of thoughts before I go on radio silence again

majfisherusa2014

Senior
Silver Member
Oct 31, 2023
First, large majority on here and elsewhere picked USC. I didn’t, I have faith in Michigan, win or lose. I understand being frustrated but all the negativity is astounding on here.

Top five home games since 2018. (My opinion)
1. OSU 2021
2. OSU 2022
3. USC 2024
4. Washington 2021
5. ND 2019

Two, there are a few on here already calling for Moore to be fired. STOP IT. Moore is doing fine with the team he has. Heck he just beat the number 11 team.

Three, the defense was better. The radio postgame (I listen to it as I walk to my car) hit the nail on the head, the USC QB was under pressure all game. Now there were blown coverages, but by younger players that were making mistakes and learning from those but those will get fixed. But Wink called a decent game, and sometimes opponents get great play and opportunities.

On the postgame on radio, the commentators including Jansen hit key points on the offensive side. One, this was the first game with the new offense, it will get better. Two, the run game improved with Orgi. Three, Orgi made and improved his decision making on RPO, run option, and passing decisions. (Remember Orgi is making a lot of quick decisions when ball is snapped. Yes he missed a few but will improve.) Even Al Borgess will admit play calling for Orgi type (Denard) type QBs is a big adjustment. Give it time, it will improve. Key is no TO by Orgi. Final point the postgame made is that UM just went through a tough part of the schedule, ending up 3-1 . Now an easier stretch might help further develop this newer offense.

Orgi has the greatest potential.
Mullings is a beast.
We will need Don and he will get his big game this year. Let’s not be too critical on him for his fumble. I remember before his ling TD run saying to the dude next to me he was due. He will break more too.
Will Johnson is best CB since Woodson, thankfully he was not hurt significantly.
The WR need to improve also. Their route running doesn’t help.
The secondary will get better with experience.

The BIG HOUSE was LOUD. And everyone knew the assignment, great stripe out!

Finally, enjoy the win, so many are so negative they lose the joy of winning a close game. Enjoy this, and then focus on the next game. The story is yet to be written,

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals to access this premium section.

• Say your piece in exclusive fan communities.
  • Unlock Premium news from the largest network of experts.
  • Dominate with stats, athlete data, Rivals250 rankings, and more.