ADVERTISEMENT

"Cheating" in sports

Heisenburg

Sophomore
Aug 19, 2014
Originally posted by goblue31602:
If you cheat to win, you've already lost
I wanted to start another thread to discuss the above quote.

Here are a few definitions:

from TheFreeDictionary.com

To violate rules deliberately, as in a game:

From Wikipedia

Cheating in sports is the intentional breaking of rules in order to obtain an advantage over the other teams or players. Sports are governed by both customs and explicit rules regarding acts which are permitted and forbidden at the event and away from it. Forbidden acts frequently include performance-enhancing drug taking (known as "doping"), using equipment that does not conform to the rules or altering the condition of equipment during play, and deliberate harassment or injury to competitors.

What is your definition of cheating in College football? When does it start? Are there different levels?

Is holding cheating?

(*** Everyone is only allowed 1 picture of Tressel each ***)

Tre$$el and Cooper immediately come to mind for the BIG, White @ Ill

(who created the Juco rule), Butch Davis, Don James, John Robinson, whatever coach is at Miami, just to name a few who used academic fraud to keep players "eligible", money laundered and cheated by any definition to gain a winning edge.

Not only did the lies hurt the players, crippled the image of a university (except O-lie-O) and create unemployment in most cases (again the State of O-lie-O doesn't much care) it means that some honest coaches are selling shoes somewhere instead of coaching within the rules.

Re: Tre$$el and Cooper immediately come to mind for the BIG, White @ Ill

Originally posted by ArrowheadBlue:

it means that some honest coaches are selling shoes somewhere instead of coaching within the rules.
Al Bundy Style. I was thinking more along the line of what consists of cheating vs who do you consider a cheater.

Originally posted by Heisenburg:
Originally posted by ArrowheadBlue:

it means that some honest coaches are selling shoes somewhere instead of coaching within the rules.
Al Bundy Style. I was thinking more along the line of what consists of cheating vs who do you consider a cheater.
Dude, what kind of comments did you expect when starting this thread in here? Did you bother creating this same thread on all the other B1G boards?

I enjoy responding to idiots. they don't know they're idiots

and its fun to wake up (pst) to an O-lie-O jerk.

Originally posted by GoBlue_since1985:

Dude, what kind of comments did you expect when starting this thread in here? Did you bother creating this same thread on all the other B1G boards?
No, the only boards i go on are this one and the Ohio State premium board.

Once in a while i go to the Penn State board to get banned.

Living in Toledo i have a lot of michigan fan friends who are mostly good guys and fun to talk sports with. I figure that most of the people on this board are the same.

This post was edited on 1/27 12:22 PM by Heisenburg

Everyone cheats one time or another. Cheat on your wife ,girlfriend or taxes brings in many people there on just those three.

Cheating in sports is defined as the discussion that goes on by a fan base as to what other programs/ teams/coaches/players do. I it is usually the main reason why the team you support lost.

Not everyone is the perfect person. Everyone steals and

kills, according to noted TUOS scholar/human behavior expert Pryor.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT