ADVERTISEMENT

Recruiting Blue Chips: Xavier Worthy Still Locked In, Recaps Visit

EJ Holland

Recruiting Monkey
Apr 25, 2019
Chicago
Here are tonight's Blue Chips...

*** I caught up with Rivals100 Fresno (Calif.) Central wide receiver Xavier Worthy. Here is what he had to say about his first visit to Michigan: "It was good. We walked through the campus a little bit and looked at the buildings. We saw where the classes were and where the dorms were. It was really cool. I just feel like it would have been better if it was open. They say it's a really good college town and that it's big on game days, so I didn't really get the full experience. But I feel like I can just sit there and focus on football and school for sure."

*** On his travel process/weather: "That flight was different. It was a long flight. But it was worth it. We flew into Phoenix. From there, we flew into Detroit. It's very different from California (laughs). I feel like I can withstand the cold. It was really just my hands and my face that was cold. Everything else was smooth, and I was just wearing a regular sweater."

*** On watching Donovan Edwards play: "Me and Cristian (Dixon) came during the second quarter, and they were beating them 35-0. Donovan wasn't even playing. We took a picture with him, though. We recruiting him just a little bit. We just let him know that Michigan still wants him and stuff like that."

*** On spending time with Cristian Dixon: "It was cool. You're automatically going to have that connection with a Cali person. You're going to think the same. It should be fun playing with him. Cali has a different mindset. I feel like Michigan needs that swagger to them. We should being that and turn it up out there."

*** On his reaction to the Michigan State loss and everything on social media: "I don't care about the rivalry stuff. I'm there to win games. If we win games, then the rivalry isn't a focus.

*** On his commitment status: "I'm not decommitting at all. I'm 100 percent locked in. I let the other schools know that I'm 100 percent with Michigan. They still offer me, so I just accept the offer and keep doing what I'm doing."

*** On making a return visit to Michigan on Nov. 14: "It should be fun to see some new faces. We've got kids committed from across the country. It should be fun meeting all of them in person."

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals to access this premium section.

• Say your piece in exclusive fan communities.
  • Unlock Premium news from the largest network of experts.
  • Dominate with stats, athlete data, Rivals250 rankings, and more.