ADVERTISEMENT

Blue Chips: New FutureCast Pick In For Michigan

EJ Holland

Recruiting Monkey
Apr 25, 2019
Chicago
Here are tonight's Blue Chips...

*** I have put in an early FutureCast pick for Michigan to land rising 2022 Downingtown (Pa.) West offensive tackle Drew Shelton. Shelton's family is originally from Michigan, and he has both an aunt and an uncle that are U-M grads. On top of that, Shelton grew up rooting for Michigan and really wanted this offer. Michigan offensive line coach Ed Warinner has a really positive first conversation with Shelton when he recently offered as well. This one makes a lot of sense early.

*** Michigan head coach Jim Harbaugh recently had a video chat with four-star 2022 Richmond (Va.) St. Christopher's wide receiver Andre Greene Jr. One of the top overall recruits in the country for next cycle, Greene told me the conversation went extremely well and that he was impressed with Harbaugh on a personal level. I will have more from Greene tomorrow. He is a top priority for the Wolverines in the 2022 class.

*** Alabama put an offer on the table for 2022 Essexville (Mich.) Garber defensive tackle and Michigan commit Alex VanSumeren yesterday. So what does this mean? Well, I would expect VanSumeren to continue to notch offers. Michigan State and Penn State have offered since his commitment to the Wolverines last December as well. However, he committed to Michigan early for a reason, and remember, he is the younger brother of Michigan junior Ben VanSumeren.

*** Michigan put an offer on the table for four-star 2022 Savannah (Ga.) Benedictine Military quarterback Holden Geriner earlier this week. Geriner was actually set to visit Michigan in March, but the trip got cancelled due to the pandemic. There is legit interest in Michigan from the Geriner side, and I would expect him to see Ann Arbor at some point in the future. I had a chance to watch Geriner throw at Pylon 7v7 Orlando back in January, and he impressed, leading his team to the title game.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals to access this premium section.

• Say your piece in exclusive fan communities.
  • Unlock Premium news from the largest network of experts.
  • Dominate with stats, athlete data, Rivals250 rankings, and more.