ADVERTISEMENT

Recruiting Blue Chips: Michigan Impresses Pacific Northwest Recruits

EJ Holland

Recruiting Monkey
Apr 25, 2019
Chicago
Seattle-based FSP is one of the top 7v7 and training programs in the country and features several Michigan targets, including Rivals250 2023 RB Jayden Limar, three-star 2023 OL Landen Hatchett and elite 2024 OL Papa Ahfua. All three made their way to Ann Arbor for Michigan's clash with Washington last weekend. I caught up with FSP Director Of Player Personnel Ryan Clary to get his thoughts on the experience, Courtney Morgan and more.

Here are some highlights from our interview.

On the group's experience at Michigan:

"We absolutely loved it. As soon as we hopped off the plane, you could tell the energy around the Detroit airport for the game was pretty exciting. To be able to see the stadium and the facilities, it was awesome. The kids loved it. The coaching staff was great. The recruiting staff was great. The city was great. It's definitely must return trip for us for sure."

On how much it meant to the group to see a top out-of-region program:

"It was good for the kids to go see another place. Getting a chance to see places like Michigan is big. It's something that they had never seen before. Michigan is a traditional program with 108,000 people in the stadium. It was pretty awesome."

On how much success Michigan can have recruiting the Pacific Northwest:

"Kids are 100 percent willing to leave based on multiple aspects. When you look at Michigan, the academics alone will intrigue kids. So will the history and tradition as well as the coaching staff. Courtney Morgan, Sherrone Moore, Mike Hart, Kyle DeVan, Christina DeRuyter and everybody we met were awesome. Their ability to relate to kids is great. To be honest, it felt a little like Washington while we were there. It was a little warmer, but it seemed like the Pacific Northwest. With the academics, the prestige and the opportunity to play big-time football, Michigan will attract any kid, especially from the Pacific Northwest."

On the individual kids in the group:

"I know Jayden Limar really liked it. Coach Hart was definitely one of the more personable coaches we met. He showed a lot of love to him. I would say he really enjoyed the trip. Papa Ahfua is the life of the group. I would say he really enjoyed it as well. One of the parts he really liked was the facility tour. All the kids enjoyed the environment. Landen Hatchett made his second trip to Michigan. That speaks volumes. I can't speak for the kids per se, but the talks we had were really positive. They definitely want to come back."

On Michigan Director of Player Personnel Courtney Morgan:

"Courtney is the man. That's my guy. I really appreciate what he and his staff did. It's always great when you have someone on staff that you know and has the best interest of the kids at heart. With him being at Fresno State and being from the West Coast originally along with him having played at Michigan, that will bring big-time things for them, especially with kids out West."

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals to access this premium section.

• Say your piece in exclusive fan communities.
  • Unlock Premium news from the largest network of experts.
  • Dominate with stats, athlete data, Rivals250 rankings, and more.