ADVERTISEMENT

Recruiting Blue Chips: Insight On 2025 In-State QB Offer Bryce Underwood

EJ Holland

Recruiting Monkey
Apr 25, 2019
Chicago
Michigan recently extended an offer to rising 2025 Belleville (Mich.) High quarterback Bryce Underwood. I caught up with in-state quarterback trainer Donovan Dooley to get more on Underwood’s game.

Here are some highlights from the interview.

On his overall thoughts on Underwood:

"With his size and his measureables, he's a freak athlete. You look at him as a dual-threat guy that can extend plays. He can play in a clean pocket or a muddy pocket. He can make all the throws. He plays above his years. When you look at a kid that's only 13 years old but stands at 6-foot-1 or 6-foot-2, he has a high ceiling. He's processing. He's going to continue to improve as he gets some game experience. In my opinion, he'll definitely be the No. 1 quarterback in the country in his class."

On what Underwood's ceiling is:

"When you look at Bryce, you see someone that's going to be special. That's the thing everyone thinks when they see him. People always use the term arm talent. Bryce can literally make all the throws. He can stretch the field vertically or make throws in the quick game. We always talk about playing the game with great eyes. I'm curious to see how he continues develop. We always talk about being a leader of men. At 13 years old starting your first varsity game, that's a big hill. But Bryce is physically and mentally tough. I think he'll get it done."

On what he's working on with Underwood at such a young age:

"It all starts with foundation — from the feet up. Footwork, playing the game with great eyes and being relaxed. We talk about having an emphasis. Every drill that we do is done with great detail. We always talk about situation based circumstances. Just being in total command of the game and not letting the game be too big. For a young kid, it's just foundation and fundamentals. We hone on that."

On Michigan offering in-state prospects earlier and improving home state recruiting efforts:

"I think they did a hell of a job getting both (Ron) Bellamy and Clink (Steve Clinkscale). Both of those guys can recruit the city of Detroit. It's great for the city. Guys are raving about both of those hires. When you talk about getting on guys early, Bryce Underwood is a no brainer."

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals to access this premium section.

• Say your piece in exclusive fan communities.
  • Unlock Premium news from the largest network of experts.
  • Dominate with stats, athlete data, Rivals250 rankings, and more.