ADVERTISEMENT

Recruiting Blue Chips: Father Of 2023 WR Target Semaj Morgan Talks U-M

EJ Holland

Recruiting Monkey
Apr 25, 2019
Chicago
I recently caught up with Semaj Morgan Sr., father of rising 2023 West Bloomfield (Mich.) High wide receiver Seemaj Morgan, to get his thoughts on Michigan, Ron Bellamy and more.

On what a Michigan offer meant for the family:

"It meant a lot. Semaj is really happy. He's been working really hard for it. He grew up watching Michigan. We're humble to have received an offer."

On his overall thoughts on Michigan:

"I think Michigan is heading in the right direction. They brought some coaches that can relate to the kids — not just on a football level but also on a personal level. That's always good when you have 17 and 18 year olds leaving home."

On lead recruiter Ron Bellamy:

"I love Coach Bell. We've been around each other for 10 years. He's a really good guy. He's a family man. His integrity is unmatched. We have a really good relationship. Coach Bell is one of the best individuals I've ever met in my life."

On how Morgan would fit in at Michigan:

"They run some things schematically that we really like. They run a lot of three and four wide receiver sets and move them around. We like what (Josh) Gattis does from an offensive standpoint. He can fit in pretty much wherever he goes, but Michigan wouldn't be an exception."

On how they are handling the recruiting process:

"We're taking it in. It's one day at a time. He wasn't able to do any camps as a freshman. You only get one sophomore year, so we sat down and mapped out a schedule. We took our show on the road and went out to a bunch of schools. Now, we're looking forward to the Michigan high school football season."

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals to access this premium section.

• Say your piece in exclusive fan communities.
  • Unlock Premium news from the largest network of experts.
  • Dominate with stats, athlete data, Rivals250 rankings, and more.