Announced today:

1. Minnesota
2. Notre Dame
3. Wisconsin
4. Penn State
5. Ohio State
6. Michigan
7. Michigan St.

Three Wolverines were among the 17 players named to the preseason watch list: freshman defenseman Quinn Hughes, freshman forward Josh Norris, and sophomore forward Will Lockwood.

Reactions: clevelandcane
Yow! . . . We're really "highly regarded", eh . . . .
Of course there have been a number of years when we were picked first or second in these coaches' (and media) polls and I couldn't figure out why, other than we're Michigan.

Reactions: KansasBlue
Based on last year's performance, not sure how anyone could expect too much optimism. I think there is guarded reasoning for optimism, though. Just may not be immediate.

I expect Wisconsin and Penn State to be better than last season. Minnesota's addition of Casey Middlestadt is a big factor.

Based on last year's performance, not sure how anyone could expect too much optimism. I think there is guarded reasoning for optimism, though. Just may not be immediate.

I expect Wisconsin and Penn State to be better than last season. Minnesota's addition of Casey Middlestadt is a big factor.
I Michigan will experience a slow rise back to prominence under Pearson. Good days are coming.

I fully expect Wisconsin to be really good. They were a borderline tourney team last year and added an All American in goal. There won't be any more wondering "Are they playing the halfway decent one or the one who really sucks?"

I would also be disappointed if Michigan is only a 6th place team. I like the goalies, and they're getting an infusion of high end talent that was missing last year.

I'm worried that Lockwood still isn't 100 percent though.....

I expect Wisconsin and Penn State to be improved this season. I find it more worrisome than reassuring that Mel thinks the goaltending is the strength of the team after his limited practice time with the team. And that is not a knock on the goaltending. Finding more scoring is going to be the key.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT