ADVERTISEMENT

B1G finally opens tonight

alfadriver

Junior
Feb 8, 2006
Somewhere on the walk to Yost.
Took long enough.

I'm pretty excited to see how we stack up- first two weeks against teams that our fans know to watch...

Wisconsin is still not all that hot, but much better than last year. And we've seen our team do some improving and some stagnation. Should be fun this weekend.

End of first period, Wisconsin 1, Michigan 0. Michigan lethargic and uninterested. Not a good start to the game or the B10 hockey season. They have to play better starting with the second period.

Dancs scores his first of the season to get Michigan on the board. 3-1 Wisconsin

How bad are we Puckhead? I'm seeing NCAA bubble at best right now.

This has not been a good night so far. First period had to be close to the worst of the season. Came out kind of slow in the second too. Danc's goal seems to have woken them up. They have certainly played better this year, it's just that consistency thing that has been the bane of this teams existence for the last several years. I could see this being another season coming right down to the wire and they'll be scratching for a NCAA bid. Right now Penn State looks like a team that could roll the Big Ten. Michigan has it in them to take the Big Ten, it just depends on whether they can play solid hockey week in and week out.

Warren has found the back of the net to cut the Badger lead to one. Wisconsin 3-2

Michigan turns it over in their zone, leads to a Wisconsin goal giving the Badgers a 4-2 lead.

Final score ended up being 6-4 as they found the empty net in the final seconds of the game.

Man - Wasn't the Friday night home game against UW LAST season just like this - we sucked for the first 25 or so minutes and UW got a 3-0 or 4-0 lead, then we came back and won going away? I don't think this approach works against any other tem in the B1G.

The goals against heavily leaned on the D. Bad turn overs, bad pinching causing odd man rushes were 2 of the four (we missed the first goal).

It was interesting to see that for much of the game, our passing was a half stride behind many times- as if they were practicing slowly. Frustrating to see them be behind like that.

And while the turnovers in our zone have gotten better vs. previous seasons, geez- they really cause me to get more grey hairs. When Zach tried that PK clear from behind the net, only to see it hit their D late in the game- I knew I needed to go get some Just for Men....

On the other hand... :)

Once that offense gets going- holy cow are they fun. One thing that was nice to see at the end- instead of going into a bubble from the red line back- they actually forechecked and spent a lot of time in Wisconsin's end- let alone getting some chances on net. On a mental basis- the fact that they all kept their heads in the game, and pressed like that- that's very, very good for us.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT