ADVERTISEMENT

As you already know....I hate

Reality Man

Heisman
Feb 9, 2002
stars. Hate them. Don't pay attention to them. So I am watching the film on Gil and I have watched the film on the other florida kids and I like what I see to this untrained eye.

But what I really noticed in the level of the athletes on the field in these high level leagues down in the Miami area. Dang. These teams would beat the hell out of MI teams. No wonder UM, FSU, UF and USF are usually pretty good.

Its like watching AAA baseball to single A. The talent/speed is just so much better at that level. No wonder Harbaugh/staff is getting skill position players from this region and lineman from the Midwest.

Reality Man

stars. Hate them. Don't pay attention to them. So I am watching the film on Gil and I have watched the film on the other florida kids and I like what I see to this untrained eye.

But what I really noticed in the level of the athletes on the field in these high level leagues down in the Miami area. Dang. These teams would beat the hell out of MI teams. No wonder UM, FSU, UF and USF are usually pretty good.

Its like watching AAA baseball to single A. The talent/speed is just so much better at that level. No wonder Harbaugh/staff is getting skill position players from this region and lineman from the Midwest.

Reality Man

Say what you want about the star ratings, but 247 Sports did a 4-year combined rating after the NC playoffs and the top 3 teams in order over that 4 year period were Alabama, OSU, and Florida State. Sound familiar ? Those were 3 of the 4 teams in last years playoffs. The other - Oregon - finished 18th. Does every 4 and 5 star turn out to be stars and NFL material ? Of course not. But I'll take a roster of 4 and 5 stars and - with equal coaching - and beat a roster of 2 and 3 stars almost every time.

And you're correct about the talent level in Florida. Off the charts. OSU recruits heavily in Florida and there's a reason for it.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT