ADVERTISEMENT

Are we going to ever see Michigan as an Elite team????

kurtgoblue48

Nov 30, 2015
After yesterdays debacle and every year having my hopes elevated just to be slammed back to reality, the one question will remain, will we ever see Michigan Football as an Elite team? I'm not hear to bash the program at all, I just do not understand how and why this program has slipped so far and become what it has today. Something is wrong and it needs to be corrected immediately. I'm not here to diagnose a problem, I'm not an expert, however it doesn't take a rocket scientist to see that there is a MAJOR problem.

After yesterdays debacle and every year having my hopes elevated just to be slammed back to reality, the one question will remain, will we ever see Michigan Football as an Elite team? I'm not hear to bash the program at all, I just do not understand how and why this program has slipped so far and become what it has today. Something is wrong and it needs to be corrected immediately. I'm not here to diagnose a problem, I'm not an expert, however it doesn't take a rocket scientist to see that there is a MAJOR problem.

Rich Rod being hired destroyed the program. They needed a new coach to take over M’s style of football. So no, it’s possibly not gone forever, but more than likely will never be the same

Reactions: IAHUNTER

They haven't been elite for ages. If you do the math, UM averages 8-4 since the end of the Schembechler era. That's not elite. Still, UM always gets the benefit of the doubt in pre- and early season rankings. Too bad they actually have to play the games.

I honestly thought we'd be competing for championships at this point in the Harbaugh era. But if he can't turn it around then who can? I don't even care any more.

It's all UM's own fault. Had they just hired Les Miles when Carr retired then we wouldn't have had that coaching debacle that led to Rich Rod being hired. Bill Martin and the "old guard" are totally responsible for everything that has happened.

And that's the problem. If not Jim, then who ?
I still think Harbaugh can get it done and don't think we needed to change the offense. Smash mouth football still works but we have had so much o-line trouble and just a bunch of average RB's. Charbonette is the kind of guy I was expecting to see 4 years ago.
The Iowa game will tell us more. If they revert back to playing like crap against Iowa then this will be another long and depressing season.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT