ADVERTISEMENT

After a Re-Watch…

GoBlueRW

All-American
Gold Member
Nov 29, 2021
Few things I took away from a re-watch today:

1. We had two separate drives stall out on some very easy to fix stuff, which could have easily added numbers to the scoreboard. They were driving pretty well when Dono had a nice run get their 3rd-4th first down of the drive, which was taken back on a questionable holding. Couldn’t battle back from 2nd and 17.

Given the momentum they had going, could have easily wound up in at least a FG attempt.

Then there was the Loveland drop on 3rd down that would have been a first down. Again a situation where we were sustaining a drive and building momentum. If I recall, we did get a FG out of it though.

Fully realizing that execution is absolutely part of the evaluation, and these are examples of bad execution. However, I find it to be encouraging and maybe some evidence of some underlying potential within the offense.

2. Warren threw the ball better than I thought. Missed on the deep balls and had a few errant throws in the 2nd half, but the other throws were pretty well placed. Much has been said about the struggles with making the right reads, and a great example is the deep ball to Semaj with about 10 min left in the 3rd. Threw into double coverage when he had an intermediate route wide open underneath.

3. I think this team is going to make significant strides this season. Perhaps wishful thinking, but the potential is definitely there.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals to access this premium section.

• Say your piece in exclusive fan communities.
  • Unlock Premium news from the largest network of experts.
  • Dominate with stats, athlete data, Rivals250 rankings, and more.