ADVERTISEMENT

A few thoughts

GoBlueRW

All-American
Gold Member
Nov 29, 2021
I’m not going to overreact, but I also don’t want to downplay that win. I understand we SHOULD beat that team, but MSU is better than we thought they would be this year and we weren’t exactly coming in with momentum.

1. No penalties and no turnovers. That’s UM football as we have seen it. Don’t hurt yourself. First time all season.

2. For those downplaying our offense because our yardages weren’t great - MSU had the ball for 37 min. Their gameplan was 💯 to shorten the game and try to wear down our defense. We scored 24 points on 265 yards. That’s efficient.

3. Carter is an NFL talent. We missed some tackles that would have gotten our defense off the field a few times. But credit to that kid. His balance is incredible.

4. As I said, some missed tackles. But our defense actually adjusted. Haven’t seen a lot of that so far, so that’s a positive development.

5. We need to do a better job with our run game. We can’t get enough push to just run up the middle and have gaps open up like we have the last 3 years. Need to move the line and be a little more zone oriented to open cut backs.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals to access this premium section.

• Say your piece in exclusive fan communities.
  • Unlock Premium news from the largest network of experts.
  • Dominate with stats, athlete data, Rivals250 rankings, and more.