Senior
Feb 3, 2014
Walton
Levert
Irvin
Doyle
Spike
Dawkins

All have defined skill sets and are B1G players IMO. 6 guys but good teams go 8 deep imo.

We need 2 of Chatman, Donnal, MAAR, Max to step up. I do not think Donnal if JB doesn't move him to the 4 plus Kam is probably better so I lean towards Kam and Max. I'd even put MAAR before Donnal.

The biggest decision is do you go with Spike as a starter because of his PnR passing and give up defense or go with Dawkins and his potential as a finisher and give up passing? Both can shoot. Until Walton can drive/dish or PnR at a high level to compliment Caris then you go with Spike imo. Too bad Doyle is not a rim protector to make up for defenders blowing by Spike.

Who would you start and what 2 players do you see filling out the 8 man rotation come B1G tourney?

I am actually surprised at how long it took JB to get Dawkins(start) into

the rotation...but better late than never.

Keep Albrect coming off bench. Walton (start) needs to learn to pull up for more mid range jumpers than trying to take it the hole with a bad toe and bad size.

LeVERT.(start)
Irvin (Getting better and not chucking as many 3's). Good coaching. (start)
Doyle (start)
Donnal
Chatman (role player)
Max B...role player

9 man rotation with Wilson as a wild card? Is he allowed to redshirt? I would probably redshirt if viable. No MAAR.

Gives the offense enough offensive power with Dawkins. Takes pressure off of Chatman. Donnal becomes role player. I think Chatman, Albrect and Donnal are good role players for this team. Let's be honest...this team needs offense and Dawkins fits the bill so Irvin and LeVERT don't have to do as much.

Reality Man

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT