ADVERTISEMENT

35 years ago today

Capt28

All-League
Jan 23, 2008
Good times, eh? Of course, only Bob and I are old enough to have seen it when it happened.

Totally remember that day. I heard the result just after getting home from school (out west, we were 2 hours behind), and watched the whole game even though the game was tape delayed.

Being a hockey player at the time- it was a really, really big deal.

I also remember getting up early on Sunday to watch the gold medal game (to us) with Finland.

BTW, if you've not seen it- the 30 for 30 documentary "of Miracles and Men"- the Soviet side of the story- it's actually really good.

Yah, I heard the result on an airplane coming home from a business trip - the pilot came on the intercom and announced the final score. I guess he was excited and didn't think that some of the passengers might not have wanted to know the outcome so they could go home and watch the game on tape delay (which I still did, too).

I vaguely remember watching the beginning of the game on TV, and then the coverage ending mid-game (for the local news?). We were at at the Michigan Women's basketball game when they announced the final score.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT