ADVERTISEMENT

2017 Michigan Class

scfanblue

Senior
Oct 25, 2014
Charleston, South Carolina
Harbaugh's true second class is his best by far and will continue. The receiver corps is without a doubt the best ever assembled together at Michigan. Oliver Martin is the hidden gem. Excellent receiver, incredibly intelligent, impeccable route runner. Solomon is an excellent player who earned his rep in one of the toughest HS football conferences in Georgia. Very impressive. In three short years, Harbaugh has vaulted to the top now to compete and beat Ohio State and Michigan has blasted past Michigan State and the gap has quickly widened between AA and East Lansing in a short time. Michigan is now simply much more talented and better coached. Michigan will win a NC within 2-3 seasons under Harbaugh

Reactions: St. Joe Blue 3
It still needs another class and a year to develop these two classes. It's getting there.

I think having Hurst & Hill come back was huge for this coming year and if UM can get 5-7 contributors from this class for this coming season then things should be fine.

Unlike the class last year...I think there are some potential MAJOR contributors. There are some very good prospects but will need a couple of years to full develop (Thomas, Stueber, etc.)

RM

Harbaugh's true second class is his best by far and will continue. The receiver corps is without a doubt the best ever assembled together at Michigan. Oliver Martin is the hidden gem. Excellent receiver, incredibly intelligent, impeccable route runner. Solomon is an excellent player who earned his rep in one of the toughest HS football conferences in Georgia. Very impressive. In three short years, Harbaugh has vaulted to the top now to compete and beat Ohio State and Michigan has blasted past Michigan State and the gap has quickly widened between AA and East Lansing in a short time. Michigan is now simply much more talented and better coached. Michigan will win a NC within 2-3 seasons under Harbaugh

The recruits sound great (loads of anticipated talent), but I still think the key to WINNING a Natty is having an Athletic QB. If that's in the fold then I'll buy what you're selling. If not, we'll be in the conversation but still will come up short.

Jim_S said when Harbaugh was hired it would take a couple of years of playing catchup with building relationships before recruiting would really begin to cook.

It's playing out that way.

This year's class is a dandy but I suspect it's the new norm.

Go Blue. Always.

Reactions: St. Joe Blue 3
Jim_S said when Harbaugh was hired it would take a couple of years of playing catchup with building relationships before recruiting would really begin to cook.

It's playing out that way.

This year's class is a dandy but I suspect it's the new norm.

Go Blue. Always.
Let me offer one tap on the brakes, that is the first Harbaugh class of 2015. That class is looking like it might be almost a complete wash, about a third of the class is already either gone, incapacitated or suspended. That will be something Harbaugh will need to address either through over signing, taking transfers, or cutting players from that class loose in mass after their fourth year. It's a shame but it sure looks like a wasted year of recruiting.

Let me offer one tap on the brakes, that is the first Harbaugh class of 2015. That class is looking like it might be almost a complete wash, about a third of the class is already either gone, incapacitated or suspended. That will be something Harbaugh will need to address either through over signing, taking transfers, or cutting players from that class loose in mass after their fourth year. It's a shame but it sure looks like a wasted year of recruiting.
You're referring to the class he took over from Hoke, correct?

Obviously, the * rankings don't tell the whole story. Sometimes lesser-ranked kids develop and become superstars. That said, UM's 30-member class still ranks below tOSU's 21-member class. You're improving, but I don't think you're there quite yet.

Obviously, the * rankings don't tell the whole story. Sometimes lesser-ranked kids develop and become superstars. That said, UM's 30-member class still ranks below tOSU's 21-member class. You're improving, but I don't think you're there quite yet.

Obviously, you are a buckeye who does not understand how things work. Only the top 20 players are counted toward the overall team ranking. Over at Scout, Michigan has a higher rated class than O$U. You are just not quite there yet.

It's not about stars - it's about getting the talent gap manageable to compete. If you saw the game last year, you know that the gap has been reduced and it's not going to be a toss up each year between OSU and Michigan when they play the game.

Reactions: kybuckeye2

Yeah, that class may go down as having 1 impact player - Tyree K. Newsome was great until is unfortunately injury, Perry might not be on the team much longer, Higdon will likely not get a lot of PT and Wheatley will likely be 2nd fiddle to Asiasi. We will be a VERY young team on the field next year.

You are correct in the sense that the 2015 class pales in comparison to the last 2 classes.

That being said, this will show up this coming year on the field with the youth albeit talented youth.

Now to counter your claim somewhat. There are some positives that must be acknowledged. Both Hill and Hurst are both coming back which offset that 2015 class. Also, it's not like the 2015 class is a total bust. Just off the top of my head there are plenty of contributors who look to be legit BT players...

Ulizio
Kinnel
Higdon
Wheatley
Newsome (probably unavailable)
Perry
Gentry

So you factor in hurst/hill and the definitive 4 guys on top along with the last 2 classes and UM will be alright next year. Not to mention that contributions from the 2014 class.

RM

Last edited:
Obviously, you are a buckeye who does not understand how things work. Only the top 20 players are counted toward the overall team ranking. Over at Scout, Michigan has a higher rated class than O$U. You are just not quite there yet.
OSU's average player ranking was 94.47, which is the highest of any recruiting class. Even Alabama's is lower. So, the only reason Alabama is ranked ahead of OSU is the number of recruits in their class, per 24/7. And they're using all members in the class, not just the top 20.

Don't get me wrong: there's not much difference between the #1 and #5 class, no matter the school. And as I said, sometimes those 3* kids turn out to be dynamite. It's all speculation at this point.

Have a good offseason, we'll see you on the last Saturday in November.

Reactions: KansasBlue
OSU's average player ranking was 94.47, which is the highest of any recruiting class. Even Alabama's is lower. So, the only reason Alabama is ranked ahead of OSU is the number of recruits in their class, per 24/7. And they're using all members in the class, not just the top 20.

Don't get me wrong: there's not much difference between the #1 and #5 class, no matter the school. And as I said, sometimes those 3* kids turn out to be dynamite. It's all speculation at this point.

Have a good offseason, we'll see you on the last Saturday in November.

lol however you want to spin it. But Rivals ONLY uses the top-20. Doesn't matter where you look, Alabama has the best class on every site, no matter how the ranking is calculated.

On scout they count the top 25 so by virtue of sheer numbers UM finishes ahead. On a per average star basis OSU has the better class by a wide margin.

The Team Rankings are compiled of the Top 25 players per class. Some teams will over-sign, but only 25 count towards the Team Rankings.*

http://www.scout.com/3/about-team-rankings.html

It's not about stars - it's about getting the talent gap manageable to compete. If you saw the game last year, you know that the gap has been reduced and it's not going to be a toss up each year between OSU and Michigan when they play the game.

Keep telling yourself that....

I can assure you Harbaugh (along with every other coach in the country) given the choice of a class full of 5* vs 3*'s he is going to take the 5* kid

Keep telling yourself that....

I can assure you Harbaugh (along with every other coach in the country) given the choice of a class full of 5* vs 3*'s he is going to take the 5* kid

Actually, that is not always the case. But keep telling yourself that lol

when you can measure the heart then you can measure the kid. Wasn't Jake Ryan and Mike Hart, to name two, 3-stars? and some 5 stars couldn't be admitted to UM unlike other schools including that dude who can't spell "bred".

Reactions: GoBlue_since1985
when you can measure the heart then you can measure the kid. Wasn't Jake Ryan and Mike Hart, to name two, 3-stars? and some 5 stars couldn't be admitted to UM unlike other schools including that dude who can't spell "bred".
You mean Mike "Little Brother" Hart? The guy who was 0-4 vs. OSU? That Mike Hart? Apparently he was smart enough to get into Michigan but not smart enough to keep his mouth shut.

I'm just throwing jabs. It's all in fun. :)

The 2015 class was far from ideal, but that just matched the circumstances.

Agree with RM, some valuable contributors were brought aboard.

The classes continue to improve, though, and at No. 4, it'll get tougher to do better, but I don't think 2017 will be the best one we'll see under Harbaugh.

The spotty (at best) OL recruiting by Hoke will haunt for one more year.

A decade of so-so ( or worse ) OL play. That cloud can't pass over fast enough.

Go Blue. Always.

Problem with taking 30 players in your class sec style is a bunch will wash out.

I'd rather have twenty one 4.2 averaged players than twenty nine 3.8 averaged players.

Problem with taking 30 players in your class sec style is a bunch will wash out.

I'd rather have twenty one 4.2 averaged players than twenty nine 3.8 averaged players.

Yeah, Urb's prospects always pan out, lol.

Go Blue. Always.

The advantage of taking 30 players is that there is a greater probability that more will actually pan out. They had the scholarships to do it, so go ahead and do it. I don't think twenty-one 4.2 averaged players would have made a difference against Clemson. Plus, you are talking a 0.4 difference in the two classes lol

Meyer did the best he could with the scraps that Harbaugh left him. If only old Urban could recruit, maybe he might win a National Championship some day.

Meyer did the best he could with the scraps that Harbaugh left him. If only old Urban could recruit, maybe he might win a National Championship some day.
AGP. I hope that bad heartburn doesn't return, he might have to retire again.

Ok, so did the thread talking about Asiasi transferring get deleted or something? And if so, why?
Im asking about here so I don't have to create a thread just to ask about it.

LOL. Except when you don't even know the facts hahaha
You're an idiot.

enjoy your "nice" class.... OSU's class top to bottom is arguably the best that has ever been signed and is without question the best in school history.

OSU signed (scout) 12 top 100 prospects. The rest of the B1G combined signed 11 OSU signed 6 5* recruits the rest of the B1G signed 4

11 of the 21 member class are ranked in the top 5 of their positions nationally, 13 of 21 are in the top 10 and 20/21 are in the top 25

M*chigan's class is just over 1/2 are top 25 16/29. 9/29 are top 10 and 4/29 are top 5 at their respective positions nationally.

You're an idiot.

enjoy your "nice" class.... OSU's class top to bottom is arguably the best that has ever been signed and is without question the best in school history.

OSU signed (scout) 12 top 100 prospects. The rest of the B1G combined signed 11 OSU signed 6 5* recruits the rest of the B1G signed 4

11 of the 21 member class are ranked in the top 5 of their positions nationally, 13 of 21 are in the top 10 and 20/21 are in the top 25

M*chigan's class is just over 1/2 are top 25 16/29. 9/29 are top 10 and 4/29 are top 5 at their respective positions nationally.

Lol. You continue to show why O$U fans are the biggest dumb a$$es in the land. But you can be the expert in spin all you want. O$U fans are pretty good at that, too

You're an idiot.

Arguably the best class ever signed, even though every recruiting service ranks Bama ahead of OSU
Y0UJC.png

Reactions: PharmD Blue
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT