ADVERTISEMENT

15 incoming players???

alfadriver

Junior
Feb 8, 2006
Somewhere on the walk to Yost.
I just read a Michigan Daily review of the season, and at the end, there was a paragraph that mentioned that we have 15 incoming freshmen next season.

How is that possible? We haven't lost nearly that many. Or is there a real anticipation that we will lose a bunch more players, including ones that have not stepped on campus?

I have posted about this "fact" a couple of times recently. The College Hockey, Inc. commitment list website lists 15 players committed to Michigan for 2018-19. And, when you look at each of these player's page on EliteProspects.com and/or Hockeydb, they all show "University of Michigan" listed as the player's team for 2018-19.

I think it's 9 forwards and 6. D-men. Includes some who have been on our list for a long time, like Kenny Johnson. BTW does not include long-time commitment Gustav Westlund, who is now listed as an Ohio State commit for 2018-19.

Some of the listed players are 1999 or 2000 birth years so they presumably could be deferred if they are agreeable (i.e. don;t decide to go elsewhere). Some are 1997 or 1998 birth years so this would seem to be their last chance at college hockey.

Currently anticipating Strauss Mann, Bode Wilde, Jack Randl, Jimmy Lambert, Jake Olmstead, Nolan Moyle, Garrett Van Whye, Nick Blankenburg, Jack Summers and Jake Gingell in 2018.

Semik, Lapointe, Kiefiuk, Pehrson, Granowicz and Harrison to 2019...hopefully.

Things are always fluid in these days.

Mel is still retweeting messages featuring Oliver Wahlstrom and Jack Hughes. They would be unbelievable

Good stuff. Did they ever publish your recruiting/overall team article?

Sorry for the late reply. I’ve been in France since April 23 and Rivals blocks Europe for some strange reason.

Chris B messaged today that the hockey piece got lost in all the football news. I think he’ll put it up early next week.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT