ADVERTISEMENT

14 players named to Academic All Big 10 from the hockey team!

alfadriver

Junior
Feb 8, 2006
Somewhere on the walk to Yost.
Congratulations to all 14 hockey players that have been named to the Academic All Big 10 team!!!

Tony Calderone, Sr., Economics, Trenton, Mich.
Chad Catt, Jr., Business Administration, Williamston, Mich.
Dexter Dancs, Sr., International Studies, North Vancouver, B.C.
Jack LaFontaine, So., LSA Undeclared, Mississuaga, Ontario
Hayden Lavigne, So., LSA Undeclared, Brampton, Ontario
Griffin Luce, So., Undeclared, Williamsville, NY.
Cutler Martin, Sr., Political Science, East Lansing, Mich.
Luke Martin, So., LSA Undeclared, St. Louis, Mo.
Sam Piazza, Sr., Mechanical Engineering, Darien, Ill.
Niko Porikos, Sr., International Studies, Ann Arbor, Mich.
Alex Roos, Gr., Management MM, Prairie Grove, Ill.
Jake Slaker, So., LSA Undeclared, San Diego, Calif.
Brendan Warren, Jr., Sport Management, Carleton, Mich.
Adam Winborg, So., LSA Undeclared, Stockholm, Sweden

I know I'm one of the very few fans that note this, but to me, it's very important. So I want to call them out for a great achievement off the ice.

Reactions: wolv1000
Excellent. What is also impressive is that virtually all of the upperclassmen with declared majors, have serious majors. Look at Sam, it just amazes me how you can play a varsity sport with lots of practice, conditioning and travel requirements (and that spans both semesters), and keep up with an engineering curriculum, let alone excel.

Reactions: wolv1000
Excellent. What is also impressive is that virtually all of the upperclassmen with declared majors, have serious majors. Look at Sam, it just amazes me how you can play a varsity sport with lots of practice, conditioning and travel requirements (and that spans both semesters), and keep up with an engineering curriculum, let alone excel.
We are very fortunate to know Sam personally. Great kid. I was a fan of his before getting to know him, and now think the world of him. He's been doing this for all four years he's been at Michigan. His total GPA would make the average Michigan student blush, let alone in the College of Engineering.

And I think the senior class leadership shown off the ice does rub off on the other players- there are a LOT of sophomores on that list.

ADVERTISEMENT