ADVERTISEMENT

Video Good Afternoon, Michigan Football; Top trends for UM heading into Saturday

Breakdown
JJ McCarthy on winning it all 00:00-:58
Open :59-5:29
Pulling for OSU 5:30-19:32
Rematch numbers in CFB 19:33-27:35
Overlooking OSU & Corum's return 27:36-32:57
Fiesta Bowl thoughts 32:58-36:11
JJ McCarthy's smiley face on his hand 36:12-38:55
OSU rematch, jump pass & SEC bias 38:56-41:55
Trends for UM vs TCU 41:56-101:22
Login to view embedded media

Interesting B1G schedule nugget in PJ Fleck's new contract

We've talked about the different potential formats for the B1G schedule when USC and UCLA join in 2024.
The Big Ten already plays nine conference games but is considering potentially going to 10 with the expansion.

Login to view embedded media
Fleck's new contract has stipulations to adjust depending on the new format.

What will be interesting in the decision to me is the SEC. The Big Ten already plays one extra conference game, while the SEC tends to play an FCS opponent in the week before rivalry week. They are considering playing 9 games with their own expansion, but they have also stated the Big Ten Media deal would play a role in future schedules. The schedule expansion and the new media rights deals is part of the reason I think the future games with Texas and Oklahoma are at risk.

Air Raid?

Big Ten football is going to get more exciting very quickly. As soon as next season, six teams have hired coaches or OCs, and recruited new QBs to play pass-happy Air Raid offense—Iowa, Nebraska and Wisconsin will join Purdue, Indiana and Maryland, who already play that style. Then in ‘24 USC and UCLA arrive, both playing that style. That’s half the Big Ten playing Air Raid.

Looks like we’d better load up on really good corners and safeties, as well as some EDGEs capable of applying serious pressure.

Football Everything Sonny Dykes said upon TCU's arrival to the Fiesta Bowl

TCU head coach Sonny Dykes spoke to the media shortly after the Horned Frogs touched down, and M&BR has all the words from his press conference below.

Reactions: bluestrom

If Corum comes back, what would be our question marks?

The OL looks dominant and Moore is a genius.

Corum and Edwards as RBs might be our most ridiculously loaded backfield in some time.

QB is on the rise and has room to be a Heisman contender.

WR: I have seen rumors that Cornelius Johnson could be back. Roman Wilson. AA. Clemons.

Defense: LB room is being restocked.

DL: strong. Has some rising stars staying despite the guys headed to the NFL.

DBs: awaiting decisions on Turner and Green. Will Johnson is a star.

Maybe kicking/punting is the only thing we don't know much about?

Jay always has those guys ready though.

Meanwhile Iowa is expected to minimize its ties with its largest NIL collective

“The Swarm” is the largest NIL collective supporting Iowa. Their AD makes solicitations for it (a la Manuel today), they have access to the season ticket holder contact list, and Ferentz himself has cut ads for them. No more.

As The Swarm only supports football, Iowa finds itself concerned that by allowing extraordinary access for a collective focused only on a men’s sport that it could find itself in a Title IX lawsuit for doing so. They’ve cut off the collective‘s access to ticket holder contact info and its assistance from university employees.

OT: so as a business owner things ALWAYS happen...

...you are at your most vulnerable. Its Christmas and we like to give people time off to see family but we cringe every time we do.

So schedules are full and heres the run down.

One provider quit(we expected it) it took 5 weeks to replace her.

One had a baby. We plugged in a float and she got covid and was out 2 weeks so I covered for the float.

I have a provider on vacation this week and I am covering starting this afternoon.

Have a provider that called yesterday that works at our north location. She has the Flu.

To top it off this morning I had another provider call and tell me her grandpa passed away.

We have a lead that asked about contingency plans a while back. I told her that over the holidays every year expect absolute chaos and there is no way to prepare for what is going to happen. Just understand that Murphy is going to get his!

Fiesta Bowl tickets Seat Geek

A few weeks back I got an email from the ticket office informing me I would get an email from Seat Geek explaining how to access my fiesta bowl tickets. I never got an email, the tickets just appeared in my Seat Geek app (which I had recently opened to get a parking pass). They are the same seat numbers etc I saw in my mgoblue.com account so they appear to be legit lol. I only looked because the same thing happened to my neighbor- and he only looked because a different friend DID get the email (no idea if the friend had an existing Seat Geek account). Wondering if others had this experience, and wanted to let people know if you are waiting for an email check your Seat Geek account.
Reactions: Macdaddy7657

Can TCU slow down Michigan's run game? Is Michigan just Texas?

We've been hearing it all year. This time TCU is confident they can slow down the Michigan run game because of a win over Texas. I break down the similarities and differences, and why that game is fool's good for TCU's ability to slow down the Wolverines.
ADVERTISEMENT

Filter

ADVERTISEMENT