ADVERTISEMENT

Wow! Talk about no game!

I certainly hope a couple of these freshman pan out because we took 5-6 of them....I was a little concerned when we took that many freshman with only a couple of them rated very high. At this point they all look like projects.

That being said, Irvin and Levert didn't play well today either. This was a very winnable game and we just played bad....bad shooting and bad ball handling.

You have a valid point although I think some minor adjustments

need to occur.

1. Donnal needs to step out more. I saw improvement (significant) today.

2. Doyle will improve. I like him and he will be a very good blue collar guy.

3. Dawkins. Needs to refine his game...sloppy. Coaching.

4. MAAR..major project

5. Wilson...project

6. Chatman. Here is what dawned on me today regarding Chatman. I like Chatman but his offensive game is a project. He reminds me (not style)...but a lot like LeVERT. LeVERT was raw and worked on his game. Chatman is a lot more 'raw' in his offensive game than I realized. He needs an off season of really developing a 1/2 court offensive game because now he looks like some guy who wants to play AAU ball.

Reality Man

Donnal had a very nice game today...he played hard and with confidence today....he has a very nice shooting stroke. As long as he keeps improving he could be a very good player for us down the road. I also agree that Doyle is good for a true freshman. He also seems like a worker so I he should continue to improve. Chatman is the big concern. He was our highest rated freshman but has really struggled with his adjustment to the college game. I hope he hits the weight room hard because he most definitely needs to get bigger and stronger. This will also help his confidence which doesn't seem to be there right now. The other freshman are projects and need some major improvement before they will contribute at this level.

We can be pretty good when Levert and Irvin are both playing well but, unfortunately, that hasn't happened much this season. It most certainly is a development season for UM.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT