ADVERTISEMENT

Well despite the 8 goals, my principal comment is

Capt28

All-League
Jan 23, 2008
that we had some brutally bad defensive sequences in that game. Equally opportunity screw-ups by both the forwards and the D-men.

Understand and share your concern about the goals-against, but principal thought for me is that they walked into a top ten ranked team's building and handed them a solid defeat. Very good for a youngish team's confidence.

Long road ahead, and likely a bumpy one, but I just can't feel bad about this result. On to tomorrow.

My thoughts on the game notes....

Getting 8 goals is really good. Considering the chances they have gotten and didn't take for the first 5 games, the 8 goals should do wonders to their minds. Even if the goalie was struggling, it's good. Much like when our shooters make it easy for the goalie to get into a game. We've got shooters, they just need to shoot like they know how to.

On the flip side- team D. Having seen UML last year, I suspect that their speed forced our D to make fast decisions- and we all know that our team needs to work on it's defensive puck reactions.

But a huge note- our team played with the lead all night. Having our team determine the game instead of react to the game is huge. Sorta like my "desparation" vs. "determination" minor rant of some of Copps comments at the end of last season.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT